Coping with the lost of a child

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish to thank everyone here for their thoughts and prayers. Easton is my great grandson. His daddy is in the Navy stationed out of Jacksonville Fl. We didn't get to see Easton as much as we would have like. Distances being a little far for every week contact. He did get to visit his papa, my son, regularly and always they would bring him up to see us pretty often. Always the first words out of his mouth was, Pawpaw, can we ride the gator. He loved to ride around in the fields, the faster the better. No fear in that boy! I had to hide the keys when he was around because he would crank it up and take off if you were not paying attention. He never met a stranger and would walk right up to someone and ask them anything he might think of at the moment. If you where working he would ask, what ya doing and then try to help. Couldn't help but laugh when he was around. He would march around with his hands folded behind his back, like he was having some deep and personal thought. He would see something and just stare at it like he was studying every detail and then nod his head like he understood and then go look for something else to hold his attention. I want to think he knew his time was short and he was using his time to take in every thing this life had to offer.

Son of a *****. Not a religious man. Just said a prayer for the little guy. Time is the only thing that ever made it easier for me.

On March 12, 2015, this beautiful baby boy was brought into the world. Easton was born with only half a heart. He fought so hard to keep his little half heart working til they could find him a new heart. May 20, 2015 Easton received a new heart and we couldn’t have been happier. Easton has had his trials and triumphs over the past 5 years but he was a warrior through it all. However, this morning, April 28, 2029 Easton was called home.
I will forever remember his smile and the way he laughed. He made a lasting impression on everyone he met and he loved life and lived to the absolute fullest
Your papa will love you for ever. Our battle is over.

View attachment 823548

Easton Lewis Whitaker
3/13/2015-4/28/2020.
May God Bless him and your family, May God watch over him. I am so sorry.

Back