cord prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodville

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just curious what different parts of the country are getting per cord dry delivered. Any one from the boston area, I'm hearing 300$ this year!

Not to be mean, but this is one of those topics that have been brought up almost as much as the v-8 chainsaw! If you have to pay $300 a cord for wood then you might as well stick with natural gas because you won't be saving any dough! My price has went up to $150 in central ohio and I think thats askin a bit much! Seriously why burn wood if you won't save any money doing it? I'm not trying to sound like SAPPY, Thats just my opinion.

I'm from Worceter MA, about 40 min outside of Boston, Last Season we sold out in Dec. at $230 per cord, So this season I'm setting our rate at $275, I bet more towards Boston you get get $300 all day long.

$150 a cord?? maybe in ohio, but in MA you would break even at that price

www.dillontree.com

diltree nice website looks like you have a very nice company setup and alot of nice toys ;-) good luck with it

thanks
Jason

Center Conway, NH

Hi,
The norm right now up here in the Conway area of New Hampshire is $225 per cord (128 cu ft) dry and $200 green.
Most of the guys have a two cord min with that price.
These prices are dumped in the driveway,extra $$ for leaving a ten mile radius..
As far as stacking???? I used to tell my customers that it is far less expensive for them to hire a neighborhood kid for that.Never had anyone argue that either.
Never be affraid to charge for a service......If you are going to stack the wood then you should get paid for that.

Last edited:
Do those prices include stacking it? Or do you just drop it? Or what is the deal with stacking it? If they ask, tell them an addtional charge or put your hand for a tip? You know a tip! Something unheard of in the landscape business.

slipknot said:
Not to be mean, but this is one of those topics that have been brought up almost as much as the v-8 chainsaw! If you have to pay $300 a cord for wood then you might as well stick with natural gas because you won't be saving any dough! My price has went up to $150 in central ohio and I think thats askin a bit much! Seriously why burn wood if you won't save any money doing it? I'm not trying to sound like SAPPY, Thats just my opinion.
I agree how ever the homes in Boston are not heating with wood mealy using it for ambiance and such. Trust me thay can afford it at any price I'm just curious what ave price is and nation wide.

Price for a cord of wood

New chainsaw = $500
New bar and chains = $90
New Helmet = $35
New Chaps = $55
New Wheelbarrow = $45
Cord of Wood on cold day = Priceless

northeastern mass

hello all. I run a very very small firewood operation in northeastern mass ( side job )and we are looking to get 200-250 green/dry this year ( all mixed hard wood seasoned more then 6 months ). That is about the going rate from what i have seen. Not stacked dumped in your yard and no more then 10-15 miles out with out extra delivery charge. My problem this year was that i cant even get log lengths delivered. Waited almost 2 months from one truck load and pay big money just too buy the logs. Here in mass its a hole different ball game then other parts of the world. Anyone in Merrimac valley need some wood i have about 10 cords seasoned and 4 green left drop me and email if interested.

Damn what does LP or naty gas go for ou there? So people just burn wood for hell of ot out there? No one is trying to burn it to get around the gas companies? Thats insane!!!

Hay Slipknot if you knew how much the dog poop company's charged to stop by once a week and pick crap out of your yard you would freak! I'm not kidding I have some clients who have a dog walker once a day, dog behaviorist once a week, groomer once a month, and crap patrol weekly! Oh ya but thay will nickel and dime your for a honest days manual labor.:dizzy:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I heared Boston area there paying $ 375/cord right now in july.

cordwood from the sandbar

i live on the cape and last year i was selling a harwood seasoned cord for
275$ this year im going to 300$ ( rising gas costs )

1CallLandscape said:
i live on the cape and last year i was selling a harwood seasoned cord for
275$ this year im going to 300$ ( rising gas costs )

DAYUMM!!! I have been debating raising my price to my only customer to $85 (yes per 128 cu ft!). He is my only customer because he is a down n outer and my wood is willow - about as poor firewood as it comes. I burn it because I get it for nothing close to the house but am rather ashamed to even sell it. Gotta have something for my time and equipment though. Probably don't even break even at that price.

Harry K

dont move to mass

well living here in mass is like no other. 250-300 per cord 15 bucks to fill your grill tank. average house 300k average rent 1000.00 a month 5% sales tax on everything but food bought at a supermarket. 3.20 a gal for gas in a car and add to all that another 5% income tax and a big dig project that is at around 15billion that does not even work and kills people when they drive threw the tunnel on the highway. Add to that town taxes that are nuts and tolls on every friggin street. If it was not for my high paying job id be out of this state tomorrow.

Back