ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Cordless Chainsaws and Outdoor Power Equipment

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by Philbert, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Snap

Snap ArboristSite Operative

Videos that I've seen show the pro model Husqvarna as capable but by the time the battery and charger get added to the saw invoice a bank loan is needed to buy one. Can they possibly be selling many?

2. Philbert

Philbert Chainsaw Enthusiast

Couple of things:

Yeah, some quality tools can be expensive, compared to others. But at a Pro level, costs must be balanced against benefits.

Additional cost gets spread across many jobs, and gets written off as a business expense.

And. in some places, especially Europe, there are incentives to use electric and battery powered equipment. Including noise laws.

Philbert

sawfun and andy at clover like this.
  3. Franny K

Franny K xyz

One can get virtually any Makita product via the Home Depot website, hardly any Makita stuff in the brick and mortar places. Not sure how that relates to returning if not pleased. BTW there are at least two 18+18 Makita chainsaws, the one in the grinder package is not the rear handle direct drive model.

sawfun likes this.
  4. rayjay257

rayjay257 ArboristSite Operative

My neighbor bought the grinder package so his must be the other one.

5. Franny K

Franny K xyz

My apologies, Since I posted that I have seen the rear handle direct drive xcu03 in a grinder package. I would search for a four battery package. not a two tool and two battery. The xcu02 is the dual battery top handle which is pretty awkward to use in my opinion. Not sure what all I posted in this thread. The rear handle direct drive one I like but eventually the turning itself off will likely lead to taping the operator present lever in. After a while of having it shut off after a few seconds I ended up keeping the operator present lever held in which isn't too safe. I figured taping it was better. It still times out pretty much like the Husqvarna one just the husky starts the clock from the last time the chain moved not when the operator present lever was released. When it gets to gloves turning it on many times a minute gets tired.