cordless pole pruner?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmihalek

Where's the wood at?
Reaction score
I'd like to get a cordless pole pruner that can cut up to 1.5" fruit tree limbs, maybe 20V litihium ion or 36V i don't really care. The biggest thing is the reach. Ideally 8 foot reach. Anyone know who sells a tool like this?

I just bought the Oregon 40v electric pole pruner. Pretty powerful. Long reach. Still getting used to it. I think there are a few different battery ah choices. I’m not real jazzed about the length of time between charges on the one I got, and I have managed to spin the chain a few times. Cuts quite nice when I have it going.

I have an Oregon also. $400 compared to the $900-1000 for a stihl or husky. That's with battery and charger for those.
Charge lasts surprisingly long. I bought the bigger battery as it wasn't much more for a 4 instead of the 2.4... or they something close to that. Pruned for a couple hours and had half life yet. Great investment. Bought at husky dealer in sask. Canada

I saw a 40v (I think) Ryobi at a pawn shop for a really good price. And for your use I would have bought it.
It was nice and light, and sturdy enough. Extendable pole. Not sure how long but was at least 8 feet.
It was $50, I think.

But I needed the longest reach possible and the ability to cut 6 or 8 or 10 inch limbs. So I got a 2-stroke with extra 4 foot extension.

I used a fiberglass manual operated pole saw with rope lopper for years and they work pretty well for smaller stuff. The lopper is particularly handy, and fast.

Milwaukee is going to have two different M18 pole saws. One will be strictly a pole saw and the other will be part of a multi tool assortment. I have their M18 chainsaw and am happy with it so far.

I didn't realize until this past weekend that my 58v 4ah Echo weedeater has a split shaft and will accept all the Echo PAS attachments, including the extension and pruner.
And apparently you can use other brands of attachments on it if you sand them down to a slightly smaller diameter where they connect.
But for some reason it's only UL listed for the string trimmer and the edger attachments.

Lowes 40V Kobalt cordless pole saw.
It was about $200 and I have the string trimmer and leaf blower too so all batteries fit all tools which is nice.
They also make 80 volt versions and also have cordless chainsaws and cordless lawn mowers.

Kobal 40v electric pole saw_8inchb.jpg

I just picked up a Milwaukee M18 6mm hex impact and a 1/2" hammer drill with no batts for $20 [ $10 each, I'm not kidding :) ]. That's one of the huge advantages to the Milwaukee, the large number of power tools they have that use the same batts.

I just saw that Home Depot has the new Milwaukee quadloc [ iirc ] string trimmer with the pole saw attachment and a 9ah batt on sale online for $329.

Back