ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Corona virus?

KiwiBro

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
I hope you are all in good health with your families, relatives, friends and colleagues.

Meanwhile in Finland part 2.
The virus infections have been soaring up also here and we already had a country lockdown, with at least some sort of control :oops:
Today government enforces also full lockdown for southern Finland. The roads to north are being barricaded.
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fi&tl=en&u=https://www.iltalehti.fi/koronavirus/a/b106b3cc-db4c-4584-a22b-31b80fb47f4b

We just don't seem to be following the rules. People are also flying back to Finland all over the world, and our government was not prepared, bringing more strain to health care system.
View attachment 811344
Original image from: https://yli.sh/120832935

Tomorrow going to see how one of our forest properties was harvested this week.
Haven't been working in forest for a couple of months and miss the feeling while working and after a good work day, even if it would be a cold snowy day.
View attachment 811345

Now working at home, while kids are also studying at home. Youngest was in the kindergarten, but 3rd week starting while we are all at home except my wife working in occupational health care.

Stay safe, stay healthy.

edit: fixing pics.
Greetings from a locked-down New Zealand. I always thought Finns were generally smarter than most of us but that photo of the queues makes me think we are all pretty similar. That said, I have a wonderful Bilke S3 firewood processor I bought from the manufacturer in Finland and it is a well engineered and manufactured machine that is a joy to use.

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
We’re ok so far in ct,USA. So far,,,,but we have the people from nyc moving here who have country homes not far away. If everyone would calm down and stay put.

Retired Marine

Retired Marine

CAD is real
Dr Fauci says, "Flattening the Curve", he is talking about the Oxygen–Hemoglobin dissociation curve

Excerpt from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen–hemoglobin_dissociation_curve

At pressures above about 60 mmHg, the standard dissociation curve is relatively flat, which means that the oxygen content of the blood does not change significantly even with large increases in the oxygen partial pressure. To get more oxygen to the tissue would require blood transfusions to increase the hemoglobin count (and hence the oxygen-carrying capacity), or supplemental oxygen that would increase the oxygen dissolved in plasma.

Excerpt from https://ourgreaterdestiny.org/2020/02/5g-60-ghz-oxygen-absorption-you-and-coronavirus/

60 GHz has a very distinct impact on none other than oxygen itself.”

5g will kill us! Trump says, "We have to protect our 5g from the enemy"! He says, "we need to guard and fortify the towers". The enemy is us, the human race, gods children. The USMCA is to take your GUNS, so we can't fight back. Time to wake up, time to take down THEIR towers this time.

SS396driver

SS396driver

To much wood
We’re ok so far in ct,USA. So far,,,,but we have the people from nyc moving here who have country homes not far away. If everyone would calm down and stay put.
Sorry to say but even though thay are staying now at their summer or weekend place the virus was in ct before they bugged out . Millions commuted from NJ,PA,CT,MA everyday to NYC prior to the stay at home . I avoid 684 if I'm in the area because its bumper to bumper traffic all the car commuters with out of state plates . Farfield county boarded the nys line and Greenwich is just a few miles from Port Chester.

Del_

Career arborist
Dr Fauci says, "Flattening the Curve", he is talking about the Oxygen–Hemoglobin dissociation curve

Excerpt from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen–hemoglobin_dissociation_curve

At pressures above about 60 mmHg, the standard dissociation curve is relatively flat, which means that the oxygen content of the blood does not change significantly even with large increases in the oxygen partial pressure. To get more oxygen to the tissue would require blood transfusions to increase the hemoglobin count (and hence the oxygen-carrying capacity), or supplemental oxygen that would increase the oxygen dissolved in plasma.

Excerpt from https://ourgreaterdestiny.org/2020/02/5g-60-ghz-oxygen-absorption-you-and-coronavirus/

60 GHz has a very distinct impact on none other than oxygen itself.”

5g will kill us! Trump says, "We have to protect our 5g from the enemy"! He says, "we need to guard and fortify the towers". The enemy is us, the human race, gods children. The USMCA is to take your GUNS, so we can't fight back. Time to wake up, time to take down THEIR towers this time.

No he's not. Dr. Fauci is talking about the infection curve.

MontanaResident

MontanaResident

A Stihl Fanatic
One positive is that the Junk Mail is nearly all gone. The weekly mailbox flier for the grocery store is no more. It was available online, and it has been replaced with a statement effective on 3/x/2020 there will be no online notice of sales. Seems that everything else that use to fill the mailbox is no more. No more insurance ads, tv satellite ads, dental or doctor services, etc. It has all gone. :D

MontanaResident

MontanaResident

A Stihl Fanatic
Now the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier the USS Theodore Roosevelt is under threat.

I did 6 months on a carrier, back in the early 80s and we were tighter then cargo in our work areas and sleeping quarters. The entire ship can be contaminated in quick order. The whole Navy could be docked for an extended period. Fasten your seat belts, ladies and gentlemen.

Number of cases has increased to 200 or so. It was 3 a week ago. NOT Good!!!!!

Jamo

Forestry, hunting and embedded software
Though times, figures are still raising globally. Some people at our end already though that the curve is flattening, but surprise surprise. People returning from overseas for two last weeks, without quarantine, and now figures are rising up. Our... some sort of government, Finland’s New Government Is Young And Led By Women—Here’s What The Country Does To Promote Diversity There is more , but ... :angry: .
However, thought to share this with you: Some good news, probably. We'll see, I do recommend following Dr. John Campbell. I have been for maybe a month now.

It has been snowing the last two days. Totally different landscape this morning compared to the weekend earlier in this thread. Some snow has already melted away, but let's see what tomorrow brings. Locally, infected numbers are raising up, also for the intensive care. We're a small nation, so nothing compared to you big guys.

Stay safe, stay healthy.

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
The powers to be knew it was coming in 2018.

If I get it I won’t live through it, I’m a diabetic plus my kidneys are failing. My time is limited. Not scared of moving on anyway.

ammoaddict

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
Didn’t need to hoard TP and Its in stores here and webhave plenty. Not a lot on shelves but its there because they put limits on how much you can buy.

Got coffee too.

business as usual over here
There is still no toilet paper here. I think we have 5 rolls left. There are signs on the empty shelves, limit 1. Went to the store today and no eggs either. It's a crazy time. 1st time I ever went in a store wearing a mask.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

MontanaResident

MontanaResident

A Stihl Fanatic
There is still no toilet paper here. I think we have 5 rolls left. There are signs on the empty shelves, limit 1. Went to the store today and no eggs either. It's a crazy time. 1st time I ever went in a store wearing a mask.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I found 25lbs bags of sugar the other day. Flour was also hard to find. I grabbed 75lbs of sugar to make this years wine, and had to pay twice what it usually cost. The flour was the regular price. I go thru a lot of flour. I made 4 pizzas the last two days.