ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Corona virus?

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
First what did they do in 1800 for toilet paper? Never see a western movie where in the town there was an outhouse? Ok the movie UNFORGIVEN had an outhouse but it wasn’t in town. The elders in my family joked about using the pages from the sears and Montgomery wards catalogs for toilet paper growing up. But what about life before catalogs?

J.W Younger

J.W Younger

ass kissing impaired
First what did they do in 1800 for toilet paper? Never see a western movie where in the town there was an outhouse? Ok the movie UNFORGIVEN had an outhouse but it wasn’t in town. The elders in my family joked about using the pages from the sears and Montgomery wards catalogs for toilet paper growing up. But what about life before catalogs?
Corn cobs?

MontanaResident

MontanaResident

A Stihl Fanatic

True Grit 2010. Mattie Ross hired Rooster Cogburn while he sat and occupied the Outhouse behind the saloon.

MontanaResident

MontanaResident

A Stihl Fanatic
Oil stocks are cheap if someone is looking for some opportunistic buying. I was in all cash until this morning when I bought some XOM OXY and BP. Not much, just some. I don't think we've seen the bottom yet.

Bummer. Oil is now down below $20 ($19.97). Time to double down??? LOL

The brilliant 3 picks are down some 64%, 87% and 66%. Ouch! They can't possible go any lower, not since the historic OPEC+ agreement. Oops! They already are...

XomOxyBP.JPG

Blue Oaks

Blue Oaks

ArboristSite Guru
Bummer. Oil is now down below $20 ($19.97). Time to double down??? LOL

The brilliant 3 picks are down some 64%, 87% and 66%. Ouch! They can't possible go any lower, not since the historic OPEC+ agreement. Oops! They already are...

View attachment 818456

Like I stated, and you quoted, "I don't think we've seen the bottom yet." They're now right where I bought them. And yes, it's a good time to double down. Let's review in two years, shall we?

How's you scheme to corner the world's goat lube market working out for you?

MontanaResident

MontanaResident

A Stihl Fanatic
Like I stated, and you quoted, "I don't think we've seen the bottom yet." They're now right where I bought them. And yes, it's a good time to double down. Let's review in two years, shall we?

How's you scheme to corner the world's goat lube market working out for you?

Really??? Must be that "time" concept of yours at work. I have looked into it, and you got your wires crossed. Maybe you should ask your mother before you lose everything.

Jamo

Forestry, hunting and embedded software
Url: If Finland does not stop the coronavirus, the new epidemic model of Finnish researchers predicts a bleak end to the year: "The disease will get out of hand"

About the stocks, who knows for sure. Maybe there is/or was a window to buy some necessities like fertilizer, food, critical infrastructure, oil and toilet paper ;) etc. I may have missed some since did not react, or was wise and foresee the future.
It is all the same, if we get out of this grave mess alive. For me that would be enough.

Blue Oaks

Blue Oaks

ArboristSite Guru
Really??? Must be that "time" concept of yours at work. I have looked into it, and you got your wires crossed. Maybe you should ask your mother before you lose everything.

See, now you're getting it. Yes, "time." It's what elapses between when a good investor buys a financial instrument, and when they sell it. Funny you should ask about my mother. She's 83 and still reads the Wall Street Journal every weekday, and listens to financial talk radio for several hours each day. She's been very successful in her investing through the years. As far as "losing everything," I really don't worry about it. My net worth was nothing 10 years ago, and for the past five or six it's gone up by about $100k per year. How's avoiding restaurants over that period helped you?

MontanaResident

MontanaResident

A Stihl Fanatic
I stopped in at Walmart today. Picked up 2 Boston Butts from Smithfields for as low a price as I have seen in years. After the TP run, I figured for sure that there would be a run on pork, especially with the news that Smithfields in SD was shutdown, possibly affecting 5% of the meat supply for the US. You can figure that Smithfields is not a special case, and that other meat producers will follow suit due to the Covid-19.

Oh, Well. The more I know about people the less I understand them.

I'll be making about 15lbs of Salami in a few weeks. :rock:

MontanaResident

MontanaResident

A Stihl Fanatic
See, now you're getting it. Yes, "time." It's what elapses between when a good investor buys a financial instrument, and when they sell it. Funny you should ask about my mother. She's 83 and still reads the Wall Street Journal every weekday, and listens to financial talk radio for several hours each day. She's been very successful in her investing through the years. As far as "losing everything," I really don't worry about it. My net worth was nothing 10 years ago, and for the past five or six it's gone up by about $100k per year. How's avoiding restaurants over that period helped you?

WTI Crude Oil is now at $17.29 which is getting close to 1/2 where it was when you bought. I am glad to see you are "making" money on your long position, and that your mother approves. Sounds like the apple didn't fall far from the tree. LOL! :ices_rofl:

Blue Oaks

Blue Oaks

ArboristSite Guru
WTI Crude Oil is now at $17.29 which is getting close to 1/2 where it was when you bought. I am glad to see you are "making" money on your long position, and that your mother approves. Sounds like the apple didn't fall far from the tree. LOL! :ices_rofl:

Thanks! I'll take that as a compliment. She and my dad are worth several million dollars, despite starting out as piss poor as you.

Since you're so interested, "let's review."

My oil stocks I've bought in the past month:

BP down 4.99%
CLR up 24.87%
SLB up 2.55%
VLO up 2.80%
OXY up 0.90%
XOM up 4.18%

I'll take that every day of the week, but I won't sell for a couple years since there's miles of upside to be had on each of them. How's the goat lube business treating you?

In addition, the others I've bought in the past month in my 401k's:

Facebook up 11.93%
Fidelity SP500 Index up 9.85%
Netflix up 11.05%
Tesla up 60.03%
Apple down 1.25%
IShares Gold Trust up 4.17%
MGM Resorts up 67.26%
NVidia up 41.74%
IShares Silver Trust up 5.27%

And the bulk of my investment, Lam Research where I work, is up from $187.89 to closing Friday at $279.02. I have about 600 shares. If you could do math, that'd work out to more money than you make in a year or two, I'd wager.

I'd say I'm doing quite well. My mother agrees. If I were to tell her about you, she'd probably ROFL.

(EDIT: Spelling)

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
Thanks! I'll take that as a compliment. She and my dad are worth several million dollars, despite starting out as piss poor as you.

Since you're so interested, "let's review."

My oil stocks I've bought in the past month:

BP down 4.99%
CLR up 24.87%
SLB up 2.55%
VLO up 2.80%
OXY up 0.90%
XOM up 4.18%

I'll take that every day of the week, but I won't sell for a couple years since there's miles of upside to be had on each of them. How's the goat lube business treating you?

In addition, the others I've bought in the past month in my 401k's:

Facebook up 11.93%
Fidelity SP500 Index up 9.85%
Netflix up 11.05%
Tesla up 60.03%
Apple down 1.25%
IShares Gold Trust up 4.17%
MGM Resorts up 67.26%
NVidia up 41.74%
IShares Silver Trust up 5.27%

And the bulk of my investment, Lam Research where I work, is up from $187.89 to closing Friday at $279.02. I have about 600 shares. If you could do math, that'd work out to more money than you make in a year or two, I'd wager.

I'd say I'm doing quite well. My mother agrees. If I were to tell her about you, she'd probably ROFL.

(EDIT: Spelling)
Why is Tesla so high?

Blue Oaks

Blue Oaks

ArboristSite Guru
Why is Tesla so high?

There was a widely held view that Tesla might not make it, due to quarterly losses that were getting pretty big. Then they shocked the world with a big quarterly profit when everybody was expecting another loss. They are now starting to sell a ton of cars in China of all places. It's the world's largest auto market now, and they're ramping up sales.

Now at $11.23? @Blue Oaks must be a billionaire now. Lol!!!

You really are as dumb as a stump, aren't you?