cost projections

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abidingdreams

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all,
I hope everyone is doing well. The reason I am posting this is I am working on my business plan to see if I can get a bank to loan me some money. I am currently working under the "truck and trailer" business model an to be honest it just isn't cutting it. I would like to get a boom and limb chipper to increase productivity. I have completed about 90% of the business plan with mostly just projections to consider. My question is posed to those of you who own a man lift and chipper. What are your fuel cost a week, how much is maintenance costing you (per month or week whatever is easiest). Everyone I talk to about this outside the industry just tells me to make my best guess but I am not a fan of just guessing and would rather put information that is tried and true. If you wouldn't mind sharing a little bit of this info with me I would be very grateful.

depends on how busy your getting everyday. But i probably put $50 worth of diesel in each piece of equipment every 2 days. bucket, chipper, chip truck, crane. of course this is using thm every day. mAINTEnance is like anything else. keep the chipper greased. check the oil on everything. CHange the chipper knives every once in a while. and you're good to go.

Are you saying that all your future work will be done with a boom?
I have a reason for asking.
Jeff
No, I am basing most of my numbers on passed work. There were a few trees in back yards and some were small enough that they didn't need the use of a boom. I would say a quarter at the most of past work would not accommodate for use of a boom. That being said 75% could have had a boom on the job site as well as making them quicker.

Thank you guy for your information. From what I gather from what you told me is its going to be about $1200.00 a month to fuel the boom truck. Thanks again.

Do you climb?
Ya I climb 90% of the time. But through some of my adventures I have come to find that a boom is far quicker than climbing. I might be just a novice at the trade and Im sure there are climbers out there that can run circles around booms but I think in my situation its just a smart financial move to have a boom.

Back