• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Couple of 056 parts saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honest John

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok, for those of you who get there tidy whities all bunched up when people post for sale ads and don't list a price, feel free to hit the back button now. I honestly don't know what to price these at, or if I even want to sell them.
image-jpg.411336
image-jpg.411337
Saw #1 is very clearly a magnum. 90 psi compression. It has spark.... It's a weak spark but it's there. It's missing a recoil but otherwise appears to be complete.

Saw #2 is a 056 something but I don't know what. It's got around 120 psi ( keep in mind that's at 4000 ft elevation, not bad ). It's also missing a recoil. Has no spark. A full wrap handlebar, appears to be complete for the most part.

I honestly don't know if I want to sell these, or if I did what I would sell them for. I'm tempted to put the two together and make a runner out of it, but it would also be nice to pass them along to somebody that could definitely put them to use.

Please feel free to make an offer for cash, trade for other awesome saws, large quantities of good beer, a new Ford F150, hang gliders, or sandwiches.

Sorry to be wishy-washy but I genuinely want to see someone put together a nice saw out of these. Make an offer if your interested.

John

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 41
Thanks Scott...with people getting shafted by other members here, everyone is understandably concerned. I appreciate the public endorsement.

John

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Just getting these cleaned up. If no one is interested here, there going to ebay. I wish I had time to put the two together but I dont.

Also, these compression readings are at 4000 ft elevation. If you subscribe to the 3% per 1000 ft rule, compression would be somewhere around 150 at sea level the badge less one.

Those are good looking project saws.

Just curious. How do you get a compression reading without a starter?

thanks ! I use an electric drill with a socket attachment.
I thought that might be what you did. Myself, I would be a little nervous about doing that (especially if the saw had a lot of compression). I take it you do it in reverse rotation to keep the nut from coming off?

I spin counterclockwise. I haven't had a nut come off yet. Sometimes, if I think the saw has been sitting awhile, I'll pour a little mix in there just to lubricate the piston. Start by turning by hand just to make sure the piston is moving freely, the then low speed on the drill.

I've done side-by-side comparisons before between the drill and a recoil starter and I can usually get a few more pounds out of a recoil but it's accurate enough to give you an idea.

My issue is my elevation. I avoid talking about specific compression numbers because people see my readings and think they're too low. I have a saw that's 120 or over and it's game on for me.

I figured you had a handle on it. I'm kinda surprised the nut doesn't come loose though.

Geez, I didn't realize that Klamath Falls was situated that high. I'd like to bring my fishpole & visit that area one day.

I figured you had a handle on it. I'm kinda surprised the nut doesn't come loose though.

Geez, I didn't realize that Klamath Falls was situated that high. I'd like to bring my fishpole & visit that area one day.

I'm actually in Chiloquin, which is about 20 miles north of kfalls. There's really big redbands in the lake, but they're pretty elusive. When the water warms up in the summer, they swim up the Williamson river and the wood river right by my house. I'm still pretty new to the area, but I've had some success fishing on those rivers..I haven't caught my monster fish yet though.

I see your in SW washington. I'm from the Portland area until a couple of years ago. Caught a lot of steelhead on the Cowlitz, Kalama and Lewis. Fun rivers.

John

Latest posts

Back