• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Craftsman 3.7/Poulan 3700 thin ring rebuilt saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Time to clear a few redundant saws out. I just aquired a basically NOS 3700 and don't need all these that I have. Since I'm partial to lime green this one is up for grabs. Especially since I seen it has not been off the shelf since 2010.

I went overboard when I went put this saw together from a couple basket cases. It got new rings on a cherry top end. New crank bearings, thrust bearings, seals, fuel lines, carb rebuild, sprocket, oiler diaphragm, recoil pulley etc. It also has the Poulan 3700 type slotted air filter cover.

It got a mild port job, and put together without a base gasket. Compression is in the 165 range on my compression tester. I also gave it a generous muffler mod with a nice custom built deflector.

Its a shame but I swear it don't have 2 tanks run though it since the rebuild. It runs very strong.

Other then a few paint blemishes, is the same as new saw.

Selling as a PHO. If you need a bar and chain we can talk about it. I'm asking $200 for the saw plus shipping . Paypal preferred but would wait for a mailed payment from a established member.

100_5460 (Custom).JPG 100_5449 (Custom).JPG 100_5451 (Custom).JPG 100_5458 (Custom).JPG 100_5462 (Custom).JPG

Chris, I think it is, its a brand new saw inside. Hard to find another like it in this shape.
I had one I sold last year at right around your asking price for the saw. It was in pretty much the same condition, except for the new parts which you added.

That saw will cut twice it's value of firewood in no time and last for a long time afterwards. That chassis is one of my favorites of all time and I have toyed with the idea of simply running those and nothing else.

They run excellent, are durable, reliable and there are plenty of parts available for them for reasonable prices.

The true and exact opposite of a turd, no doubt.

Latest posts

Back