• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

SOLD!!!! Craftsman 3.7

JohnnyBlade

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
wcorey

wcorey

ArboristSite Guru
3.7 craftsman's can be either 3700 or 3800, both the same bore diameter. Most 3.7's were red and 3.4's grey, though there were occasional exceptions.
The 3.4's stickers were sometimes plain, as in the op' pic, where the 3.7's usually have 3.7/18" denoted on both the recoil and clutch cover stickers.
The "xxx" part of the 358.356xxx model number can tell you most of whats what, though I have had both 3700 and 3800 as 358.356870...

JohnnyBlade

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
3.7 craftsman's can be either 3700 or 3800, both the same bore diameter. Most 3.7's were red and 3.4's grey, though there were occasional exceptions.
The 3.4's stickers were sometimes plain, as in the op' pic, where the 3.7's usually have 3.7/18" denoted on both the recoil and clutch cover stickers.
The "xxx" part of the 358.356xxx model number can tell you most of whats what...
Awesome explanation. Ill go check acresnet to look up specs again but it sounds most likely that i have a 3.4 then. I looked at poulan but craftsman had all the goofy numbers like u said above so i was lost. Thank u!

redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
3.4 and 61cc versions which are a 3400 and 3800 have thick rings with bare bore and 3.7 which is a 3700 has thin rings and chrome bore. All of which are a poulan .
Yup. I have two red Craftsman. One is a 3800 and the other a 3700. Externally no real way to tell the difference.

redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
DrewUth

DrewUth

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Are you interested in Poulan 3700, or just the Craftsman version? I have a green 3700 I would sell if you're interested.

Ms290kubota174

Ms290kubota174

ArboristSite Lurker
Thanks for the replies. I ended up buying one from a member here and by chance I was given another chance to buy the eBay saw I missed out on and bought as soon as it was available. Thanks again guys