Craftsman Chainsaws--Who Actually Manufactured Them

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
There have been many threads here over the years asking about Craftsman, Sears, and David Bradley chainsaws.

The list that I've complied (copied & pasted below) focuses on Craftsman chainsaws. There are lengthy lists that can be found on the internet that list all (???) manufacturers of Sears products.

As I've noted on the list, and it bears repeating, the list I've compiled might not be complete and/or accurate. Please share any additional information, corrections, etc.

----------------------------------------

Craftsman (Sears) Chainsaw Manufacturers--Who Made Them,

By The Craftsman Model Number Prefix

Revised--June 06, 2016

Please note:
1. This list is probably not complete.
2. This list might not be totally accurate.
3. It most likely includes some companies that did not make chainsaws for Craftsman (Sears), and excludes some who did.
4. At the end of the list I’ve added Misc Info for some models numbers that are “new” and/or the info is unclear.

129 Mono

143 Tecumseh

234 Poulan

271 Kioritz (Echo)

283 Thomas Industries

316 MTD Note—Also see Misc Info.

358 Poulan Note—Also see Misc Info.

360 Solo Note: This was possibly a one chainsaw model only deal. Craftsman model 360-352010 = Solo 651SP. It was possibly only offered for a short time. There might have been other Solo products sold under the Craftsman name.

517 Homelite

636 Echo

733 Fairbanks Morse

917 Roper Note—Sears also used this prefix on chain saws labeled Sears and/or David Bradley.

944 Husqvarna Note—Also see Misc Info.

Misc Info:

316 MTD Note—Craftsman offers a chainsaw, using model # 41AY429S799, which traces back to MTD.

358 & 944 Note--Craftsman has confused matters by offering a Craftsman Pro Series line which they list & label as being made by Husqvarna (with higher prices) using the 358 model prefix which usually indicates Poulan. Husqvarna owns Poulan. I haven’t yet been able to determine if the Craftsman Pro Series are Husqvarna, Poulan, or perhaps a hybrid. I’ve seen photos of one ID plate that shows Husqvarna Sweden.

358 Poulan Note--Craftsman incorrectly used the Poulan 358 prefix on a Redmax chainsaw. Model 358.362180 is Redmax, possibly the GZ4000.

You can also search
sears manufacturers cross by prefix

and come up with links to more info

I mentioned the availability more complete lists in my post. I have two downloaded & saved, one list is done numerically and one is done alphabetically.

RE Solo, it isn't a chainsaw but there was a craftsman badged solo leaf blower that was sold for a while. I owned one. Excellent blower.

RE Solo, it isn't a chainsaw but there was a craftsman badged solo leaf blower that was sold for a while. I owned one. Excellent blower.

Thanks. That's good to know.

If anyone is so inclined this could be researched by searching the Sears site for any models starting with the 360 prefix.

Back