Craftsman model # location?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dilyb

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My brother in law gave me this saw and I'm wondering where to find the model number so I can find parts. I like that it's very lightweight as I mount it on the front forks of my motorcycle to clear trails here up in the mountains ... and my 031AV is just too heavy for that!

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

I'd be much obliged if someone could draw an arrow on one of the pictures to show me where to look! I replace the fuel line and starter rope and it runs but gets hot and dies after a while and I'm also not seeing much if any chain oil consumption so I'm worried about the oiler function.

Many thanks from a newbie!

358.362060 Craftsman made by Poulan

I have the same model. The last two digits indicate bar length when it was new - 14' bar was a 358.362070 for example.

Download the manual and parts list from Sears' web site and take it to your small engine shop. They can cross ref everything to Poulan. I bought a clutch, sprocket, and carb rebuild kit that way.

Oregon replacement bars and chains are on the rack at your local big box store. You can put up to 16" on it, but I would stick with the smaller bar.

Thanks, but ...

Thanks! But I went out to http://www3.sears.com/ and typed in that model number (358.362070) and it wasn't recognized?? I tried it as either a part or a model #. Did I go to the wrong site? Wrong numbers in your response?

So this is made by Poulan, eh? Any idea which model it was? Maybe I can also download a Poulan manual?

Sorry but I'm new at this ...

Getting warmer!

Thanks about the Poulan! I couldn't help but notice the Poulan had both decals in good shape under the trigger and that the serial number was listed there! Geez, you mean the serial number on mine disappeared with the decal on the left side? What design puts an important piece of info. on top of a surface right next to the gas filler?

I also did some more googling and found a craftsman model 358.352060 instead of 358.362060 ... maybe THAT'S what Kogafortwo was trying to tell me? There IS a parts manual on the craftsman site for that saw ... but I'd like more confirmation before spending ANY money on this saw!

I'm getting close!

Thanks about the Poulan! I couldn't help but notice the Poulan had both decals in good shape under the trigger and that the serial number was listed there! Geez, you mean the serial number on mine disappeared with the decal on the left side? What design puts an important piece of info. on top of a surface right next to the gas filler?

I also did some more googling and found a craftsman model 358.352060 instead of 358.362060 ... maybe THAT'S what Kogafortwo was trying to tell me? There IS a parts manual on the craftsman site for that saw ... but I'd like more confirmation before spending ANY money on this saw!

I'm getting close!

Sorry for the typo - the manual you found is for sure the right one.
My label was still intact on the left side which is where I got the number.
Check out this thread, I gave GASOline the same info on his 2.0/14: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=55071

Last edited:
Back