Craftsman / Poulan Carb Part number confusion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reggie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have wasted a good bit of time trying to rebuild carbs for two 18" Craftsman Chainsaws. I have decided to start from scratch and buy new carb kits for both, but I have now learned the hard way that there seem to be a million different configs and part numbers out there. #1 is Craftsman Saw 358-352181 36 cc. #2 is Craftsman Saw 358-351580 42cc. It would be great if someone could supply the correct part numbers for the carburetors on both of these machines. Not looking for Carb repair kits. Looking for the whole carburetor. I think I have been messing around with the old carbs so much that I have "transposed" the membranes. I'm done with all that and would just like to replace, carbs, fuel lines and filters from scratch. Thanks in advance for having a look a this!

Cheers, Reggie

Thanks Harley, this was helpful. I can see that both saws can use the same carb and learned that ereplacement parts is coupling the supposedly correctly modified air filter housing so that choke and throttle linkages have clearance. These are old saws, so the first thing I'm going to do is see what I can do about routing my fuel lines and "carving" my air filter housings to see if I can make these carbs that I have fit better. It was also suggested in an earlier post about this same problem that I might have an air leak in one of the saws. I think that leak is due to a cracked fuel line near the fuel filter. I'm going to tinker with what I have before making a decision about buying replacement carbs.

Back