Craigslist laughs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted an ad for a neighbor who is not very comfortable with CL, and who only has a flip phone, so it stated:
"Phone calls only: xxx-xxx-xxxx"

First response came in (No Subject):
'I've seen your ad. are you the first owner and is it your final price ? I don't check the email for Craig's List , So text me at (email address listed)'

Philbert

I had a nest that size a number of years ago and after evicting the occupants, I cut it out of the tree, gave it to a neighbor who took it to Idaho to give to their daughter who was a school teacher there. Show and tell for the kids. I didn't get a dime for it.
My Dad clipped one out of a tree for me when I was in elementary school. He dropped it in a big burlap sack and dumped half a bag of DDT in it. Killed all the Hornets. Took it to school a day or so before Easter break. Got back after Easter and the room was locked. All of the larva hatched and were buzzing the room.

e172e10a764508883083e3162611a273.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Laff, what part of Frederick, I'm in Mt Airy? Have I asked you this before?

Firewood-$85 (Blacksburg)
Delivered. Firewood has just been cut (green) and is in firewood-length logs. Not split. Although it’s green right now, it will season nicely through the summer in time for winter burning. I’ll bring a 7’ bed load and drop off at your location to most areas of Blacksburg, christiansburg, or Radford. Because the wood is not split you are getting way more wood for the load. Not all areas serviced.

So this happened to me yesterday. You guys think I should put out a Craigslist ad saying free firewood, you haul it, need proof of insurance?
Sure, worth a try.
Make sure to add.. 'Must have a crane, and remove the stump/roots of tree also. Carpentry skills also recommended'

:)

So this happened to me yesterday. You guys think I should put out a Craigslist ad saying free firewood, you haul it, need proof of insurance?
View attachment 846828
Sorry to see that.

How noble of the house to sacrifice itself and jump in front of that falling tree to save the Jeep...

Back