Craigslist laughs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First I see this...
Firewood Block Hardwood Delivered - TOTAL SCAM - $225 (Green)

Beware of this add stated as "square/rectangular blocks for $225.00! It is almost 2 cords. Trailer measures 8' x 10' x 4' delivery/dump locally included in price." TOTAL SCAM, when stacked measures less than 1 cord with 4 - 30 gallon trash cans of scraps. Seller (Dan) says no refunds and no more wood to fulfill his claim of "almost 2 cords. BEWARE - BEWARE - BEWARE

Then, further down the page...(read the whole ad)

Firewood Block Hardwood Delivered - $225 (Green)
00I0I_hIBBOsSpvzx_600x450.jpg

will deliver one load of this untreated amish hardwood lumber, already in square/rectangular blocks for $225! Trailer measures 8' X 10' X 3' delivery/dump locally is included in price. Will consider further locations for a fuel surcharge. Its clean, no bugs and has been kiln dried once alrerady. Oak, Cherry, popular and Maple. This is not a scam- I bring you the wood as described. I have delivered this type of wood for years. The guy on Craig's List who says this is a scam is a idiot

Just got a bit of a chuckle about these two and their CL pizzin contest
For what it's worth there is no way a 8' x 10' x 3' loose dumped load of blocks is gonna stack out to two cords, maybe 1.25...

Firewood Block Hardwood Delivered - $225 (Green)
Oak, Cherry, popular and Maple. This is not a scam- I bring you the wood as described. I have delivered this type of wood for years. The guy on Craig's List who says this is a scam is a idiot

Just got a bit of a chuckle about these two and their CL pizzin contest
For what it's worth there is now way a 8' x 10' x 3' loose dumped load of blocks is gonna stack out to two cords, maybe 1.25...

Guess this guy is a 7th grade girl since he is selling popular.

Dunno his area, but $225 for a bit more than a cord of kiln dried -- and that's going to stack much tighter in a cord than logs -- I'd be happy to buy it.

Love to see a scale ticket on that to do the math, but I'm guessing between being a little more than a cord, a tighter cord than ordinary firewood, and kiln dried you're darn close to the BTU equivalent of two cords of firewood logs that have seasoned for a year or so.

I'm tempted to reply and say I would love to cut that stump up and I'll let you clean our chimney for only 35.00!

I'm tempted to reply and say I would love to cut that stump up and I'll let you clean our chimney for only 35.00!

I've done similar on CL a number of times, when I'm in a button-pushing mood. Usually, I get no response, but occasionally I'll get a response that's essentially just cussing me out to mind my own business. Then, there's the rare one that seems to take it seriously... Too much stupid to go around in the world it seems.

Best Firewood in USA - $4
Selected from arborist work; not from the cutting of whole, healthy trees. Nice mixture of ash, black cherry, hard maple, birch, red maple, white oak, red oak & hickory. Buy a little or buy a lot: all quantities are $4 per cubic foot, measured after you are loaded. Cut & split 16" or less in length. Easy level access next to blacktop road. Call early, late or anytime:

Here's one for ya! Half a suburban truck load or a full suburban truck load of wood, some of it might even be oak! Lol
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/hsh/4335422661.html

View attachment 334355
I contacted that guy once, asked him how much he charges per cord.....He wouldn't quote me a price because he doesn't sell by the cord. When I asked how much wood he was fitting in his truck he couldn't give me an answer except "a bunch"......Im not usually the firewood police but his lack of interest was astounding:)

Here's one from Detroit Metro
Beware no insurance nate from south lyon (Barter section)
safety tips

Don't let this happen too you.
I found out too late.Guy dropped a tree on my truck gatefed his tools and left.Home owner wont cover it because Nate doesn't have a business license,insurance or even a drivers license.DuI 5 years ago my lawer said.Plus everything is in his dads name so suing him leads no where.Trust me it isn't worth the risk.

I'm sure his helps all of us legit guys in the long run.

A follow up to yesterday's ad-

>>WHOEVER KEEPS FLAGGING THIS ADD I APPRECIATE IT , SEEING ITS ALWAYS GOING TO BE ON THE TOP OF THE LIST SINCE I HAVE TO RE-POST IT EVERY DAY
PS..ill make sure to put pics of new work completed for you to enjoy looking at while your flagging.
Also the fake adds your posting that are full of lies grow up you look childish i can only imagine the **** show your company is when their on a job. I will provide legitimate paperwork for my DBA and INSURANCE to whoever wants it. FYI If i damaged your garage or truck or whatever your claiming why wouldnt you post a pic of the damage in your add? Oh yea cause its a lie thats why! If your suing me over supposed damages How come i have never gotten anything from the court saying im being suied? Probably because thats yet another lie. If it sounds like BS , looks like BS , guess what it must be ********.
FYI try again you failed this time

SORRY FOR THE DISCLAIMER FOLKS I HAVE SOME PETTY COMPETITION

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Need some work done on your trees? Dont want to pay large company overhead prices! Give me a call! I am an experienced tree climber I can put your trees on the ground for a fraction of the cost, all you have to do is clean it up. However depending on your distance from me I do have the ability to haul the tree away if thats more of what your looking for.
I am also willing to barter for aluminum boats , jet ski , four wheelers , cars , trucks , motorcycles , trailers , welders mig tig arc , generator , dana 60 kingpin passenger side drop , divorced transfer case passenger side drop , cummins 4bt 6bt , RTO958LL transmission , property or what do you have? All i can say is no thanks.

I am willing to travel almost anywhere including up north.

I AM FULLY INSURED AS A TREE COMPANY
I CAN TAKE ANY LIVING TREE DOWN ANYWHERE

Call or text Nate 248 six 6 7 2259

FYI TO ANY TREE COMPANYS LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME CLIMBER I AM NOT INTERESTED

http://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/5378042432.html
Rewards for stolen Ford F 350 & fugitive Rick Ketterman
Rewards for information leading to the arrest and conviction of fugitive tree climber / mechanic Richard Daniel Ketterman $1000, and $1500 for the return of 1994 Ford F-350 super duty 4WD 5 speed dually utility braden winch truck and tree climbing equipment / tools stolen on 10/06/15. tree service removal trimming climbing Saddle Spurs gaffs stump grinding grinder chipper bucket truck auto car repair parts arborist 4x4 Rick Ricks Ricky

Back