Craigslist laughs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://images.craigslist.org/00v0v_iBqSilY5jqP_300x300.jpg
00v0v_iBqSilY5jqP_300x300.jpg
$80 good stuff!!

If been trying to sell a 441-cm on CL and for 2 days I got scammers
f3c7f5c5f2ab668dcaab8ce202ccb81e.jpg
00ed7ee11e48b2a23a3d852506236dac.jpg
b299b9f6dff7c916536b8b0c912b249e.jpg
72eb094f9ca3823fa3b515ba01dcf2da.jpg
5af436aae22978945e193745603720e6.jpg

This saw is clean and low hours
But all I gotten is scammers?
What gives?
F*^*£^%€

I'm guessing there's not a lot of demand for chainsaws in your part of Kansas, but scammers have no geographical boundaries (or any other kind, for that matter).

2 from California
2 from Florida
1 unknown
So far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CL seems to be the place people go to get stuff for nothing. The only thing I ever had success selling on CL was my Vermeer 630A stump grinder. It had a 4 cylinder Wisconsin. The muffler mounts cracked and I lost it on the high way. I put a tin can over the pipe when it was sitting. it either blew off or I forgot to put it on, and it sat for about 6 months. When I started it it would barley crank over till it blew a big glob of water out. Two cylinders had filled and rusted pretty bad. the compression was half on those two cylinders. I wanted $1500 knowing it needed an engine or overhaul. So, I put it on for $2500. One guy came out, I started it, ground out a stump in my yard, but it was blowing oil out the filler tube bad, lots of ring blow by. He said it's going to need a lot of work, will you take $1500 cash? I said I don't want to, but my wife wants it out of the yard. So, if it makes her happy, I'll take $1500.

On the other hand, I'll have a 100CC saw with a brand new $60 chain on a 36" bar, and a half dozen idiots will show up. They go, oh, I didn't know a 100CC saw with a 36" bar was that big, will you take $50 for it? AAHHHH!

If been trying to sell a 441-cm on CL and for 2 days I got scammers
This saw is clean and low hours
But all I gotten is scammers?
What gives?
F*^*£^%€

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll take it off your hands at full price. I’ll send a third-party check and you can mail the saw to me in Beijing.

i’ve been downsizing and giving away a lot of stuff on around the house. I seem to attract a better quality of people on Facebook marketplace. Craigslist does have some weirdos

Facebook is good for sellers but bad for buyers. Tried to replace my dead washer for a week and nobody responded! Not one!
Craigslist at least deletes old posts.

Thats funny as I usually have a washer or dryer on CL, have had people drive more than hour plus for one. Wife sells a lot more on Facebook. CL will get scammers fast , but I screw with them. Have sold a lot of crap on it.

Heck today I picked up 2 large rubber made totes full of AA mostly once fired shotgun shell empties for nothing. Guy had em as free. Granted they aren't a high dollar deal.

Last Wednesday I bought some stuff locally from a Facebook ad. Paid her immediately with PayPal, said I was going out of town but would follow up in regards to getting the items.

Messaged her today and was told “you never got back to me so I sold them again” despite her having my PM’s AND PayPal receipt.

Last Wednesday I bought some stuff locally from a Facebook ad. Paid her immediately with PayPal, said I was going out of town but would follow up in regards to getting the items.

Messaged her today and was told “you never got back to me so I sold them again” despite her having my PM’s AND PayPal receipt.
That sucks. You get your PayPal money back?

Back