Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like an excellent investment strategy. Buy every MS170 that you can and resell. Easy way to double your money!
The funny thing is the person who listed it has several of his friends on fruitbook who have listed the same saw for sale also. They’re all using the same pictures and all claimed to have the saw in their possession but are thousands of miles apart...I trolled them before I reported them and now most of the adds have vanished.
It‘s my wife’s social media account so I can’t get too crazy messing around on the book-o-faces but it was fun jerking this scammer around.

The funny thing is the person who listed it has several of his friends on fruitbook who have listed the same saw for sale also. They’re all using the same pictures and all claimed to have the saw in their possession but are thousands of miles apart...I trolled them before I reported them and now most of the adds have vanished.
It‘s my wife’s social media account so I can’t get too crazy messing around on the book-o-faces but it was fun jerking this scammer around.
Glad you did that! Sounds like they got what they deserve. I hate all the crooked a**holes on marketplace.

Make a fake FB account and troll them.

Or you could pull a brush ape and have multiple fake accounts arguing with each other about who gets to buy it.

Offer.... pay me $12345 to clean up and haul off...
Lady wanted to charge me to remove a yard tulip poplar log that electric company left on her property....
Thank goodness it wasn't a black walnut....
LMAO!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about you never getting free firewood.....without a catch to it. I have placed a few ads on CL for free firewood and mentioned it was on the ground. One caller asked me to not get mad when he told me he sold firewood. I told him I didn't understand why i would get mad and he said when people find out he is going to sell it they get mad. I told him I have given away 10 oak trees in about the last 5 - 6 years and this was the largest so bring help but no logging equipment to mess up my yard. He asked how big the tree was and i told him I did not measure it but I did count the 175 growth rings so it was big, big and bigger. He asked how far he would have to carry the wood and I told him he could back his truck or trailer right beside it and to just take what he wanted and I would burn the rest. He didn't believe I was real and I didn't understand his disbelief. He and his 4 men took almost every single stick of it and left only sawdust. Never heard these types of stories from the other side of the fence so I didn't know but I have been asked more than once if it was split and if I could bring it to them.
Lost another very large Red Oak.The center was hollow so no counting the rings but one of the limbs from it, the 3rd cut from the trunk was 22" across. I've had a hard time giving it away so I had to buy a log splitter that tilted vertical because the cuts were waaaaaay to heavy to lift. People wanted it after I cut and split it and some even came and hauled it. All free and have 3 more on the ground that a storm took down. I have about 8 years of firewood already split and stacked in the wood shed and at my age how much more would I need. Right? Anyway, I guess I'm just going to have to cut and split it to get the area cleaned up. Seems people just don't want to work anymore.

I have been seeing this posted on Marketplace lately. Who wouldn't pay $5 for $0.41 cents on a hand painted piece of wood?

But, here is a project for all those tree cookies you guys like to make.

Screenshot_20200812-172355_Facebook.jpg

I have been seeing this posted on Marketplace lately. Who wouldn't pay $5 for $0.41 cents on a hand painted piece of wood?

View attachment 848753
A special year? Hell we're living that now!

View attachment 848753
But they did such a good job with the gold Sharpie and the glue...

But they did such a good job with the gold Sharpie and the glue...
I have to agree. I have a difficult time finding anything special about that piece. Looks like a 5 year old made it.
If it was my child that made it, then it might be a little higher on the special list.

Had a cheap roof rack posted on CL for several weeks. “56 inches wide”. A guy contacted me and said he wanted it, but could not come right away. Dragged on for two weeks.

Finally calls to set something up. “The rain gutters on my van are 65 inches apart thank it will fit?“

Philbert

Had a cheap roof rack posted on CL for several weeks. “56 inches wide”. A guy contacted me and said he wanted it, but could not come right away. Dragged on for two weeks.

Finally calls to set something up. “The rain gutters on my van are 65 inches apart thank it will fit?“

Philbert
I just do not have patience for people who want to buy stuff "later" and then the excuses start to roll in.

Interestingly enough when I sell stuff through our Lions Club, people are respectful and do not haggle. Anything I sell through my personal account turns out to be a gong show with all of the typical flakey buyers.

Philbert
I had a Jeep liftgate posted once and got a guy saying he wanted it. Sent several back and forth emails trying to get him to pick a date and time. Finally had it loaded on the truck to meet at a parking lot local to me after I picked a time and he agreed. I was literally driving out of the driveway when he asked me if I could meet at his location 40 minutes away. I told him it was no longer for sale. Reposted it for a lower price and he asked about it again. I told him the original price. He sent a screen shot of the posting at my new price. I sent him a screenshot of the posting at the old price. He said he was a single dad and didn't have a lot of time and didn't understand why I was upset. I told him that wasn't the issue - I let him pick the time, but the problem was in 10 emails he never once made a commitment despite my repeated direct question asking for one.

Lesson learned for me - first cash that shows up gets it.

Latest posts

Back