Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought 3 25" stihl es bars for 200.00 this week ,nib .
I thought it was a good deal and contacted the seller and had work close to his location in 2 weeks .I told him if he still had them I'd like them.
When I met with him 2 weeks later after calling and agreeing on a meeting spot , he told me that 8-10 people had contacted him but I was the first one to actually show up with money!

I had a Jeep liftgate posted once and got a guy saying he wanted it. Sent several back and forth emails trying to get him to pick a date and time. Finally had it loaded on the truck to meet at a parking lot local to me after I picked a time and he agreed. I was literally driving out of the driveway when he asked me if I could meet at his location 40 minutes away. I told him it was no longer for sale. Reposted it for a lower price and he asked about it again. I told him the original price. He sent a screen shot of the posting at my new price. I sent him a screenshot of the posting at the old price. He said he was a single dad and didn't have a lot of time and didn't understand why I was upset. I told him that wasn't the issue - I let him pick the time, but the problem was in 10 emails he never once made a commitment despite my repeated direct question asking for one.

Lesson learned for me - first cash that shows up gets it.

I may have posted this before. But this is exactly how craigslist goes

Here’s a response I got to the pictured livestock cage ad I put up on craigslist. Just to clarify, the dog was the best dog I’ve ever had, she was sweet, loyal, and would have given her live to protect any of us, and she did NOT live in a cage, ever!
9841DE7A-C6CD-41A5-98F1-EF1195CC9AF3.png32A51DFC-A061-4376-BA27-D984F427E037.jpeg

Here’s a response I got to the pictured livestock cage ad I put up on craigslist. Just to clarify, the dog was the best dog I’ve ever had, she was sweet, loyal, and would have given her live to protect any of us, and she did NOT live in a cage, ever!
View attachment 854863View attachment 854864
Obviously another internet "Hero"? I like how they use their real name.

I was selling a 06 ford ranger that I purchased new a few years back. The truck was a 2 door supercab with the factory rear seat delete option. I had a guy message me and ask if I was sure if it was a 2 door and what I did with the back seats.

I did actually sell it on CL to a normal person.

Back