Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a used, pro-grade drill press / lathe chuck recently on local CL. Summary of one exchange, over several emails:

Him: Gee, I really want it, but that's a long way to drive for a chuck (maybe 20 miles?).
Me: Sorry, this is where it is.
Him: Do you ever drive down this way?
Me: No.
Him: That's gonna cost me more than $5 in gas, plus the time.
Me: Add $10 and I will mail it to you.
Him: (. . . crickets . . . ).

Philbert

I posted a used, pro-grade drill press / lathe chuck recently on local CL. Summary of one exchange, over several emails:

Him: Gee, I really want it, but that's a long way to drive for a chuck (maybe 20 miles?).
Me: Sorry, this is where it is.
Him: Do you ever drive down this way?
Me: No.
Him: That's gonna cost me more than $5 in gas, plus the time.
Me: Add $10 and I will mail it to you.
Him: (. . . crickets . . . ).

Philbert
Typical CL exchange.

I had a Craftsman radial arm saw listed. Guy says he wants to look at it. Comes over, looks it over, measures it and tells me he just wanted to measure it. He had no intentions to buy it from me. Wasted a half hour of my time for nothing! :dumb2:

Lee

Typical CL exchange.

I had a Craftsman radial arm saw listed. Guy says he wants to look at it. Comes over, looks it over, measures it and tells me he just wanted to measure it. He had no intentions to buy it from me. Wasted a half hour of my time for nothing! :dumb2:

Lee
Better patients than I. He would have left walking funny with the saw halfway up his ass

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have had better luck selling stuff on Facebook Marketplace than CL. Even if you do not believe in FB, having a profile just for selling is useful. Unlike CL, you get to see who is PM'ing you and potentially get an idea if they are legit (and local) or not. If you get some joker with an obviously false profile pic or are sharing weird/spammy things on their profile, easy to just hit the "block" button.

Block button is even better than ignore here as that person will never see you again.

"Buyer Beware, there are competitors up north and in MN that have stole our customers pictures and used them as their own on here but sell an inferior product. We have been in the business long before the competition and want what’s best for honest customers. "

(This warning in an ad that sits on a spam cloud of about 2,000 unrelated key words added to manipulate your search. I am touched by their concern for honest customers).

Philbert

Send him “no saw for you !” and then block his number.

[emoji108]
I’ve got a low baller been offering less than half my price. Guess he thinks I’m desperate. Told him he could have it for my price plus $10. Next time it’ll be more

If a guy has a lot of $$ and some spare time, spending say $800 bucks on equipment to do a job that a contractor quoted him $5000 to do then he sells the stuff for $600 is a pretty good deal (to him).

Not a bad price for it all, but my curiosity is why did he buy all that much stuff to run one can of fuel and one log. I don’t see any blood

If a guy has a lot of $$ and some spare time, spending say $800 bucks on equipment to do a job that a contractor quoted him $5000 to do then he sells the stuff for $600 is a pretty good deal (to him).
Maybe he decided that it's 'not for him'?

Anyway, could be a good deal for someone looking for the same stuff (assuming that he did not straight gas it, or so something not shown in the photos).

Philbert

My guess is he voted for Biden and came to the realization that this man stuff just isn't his style.

Back