Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"i know you said that it is not a good idea to use spikes to climb a tree that is not going to be cut down, but maybe you can just jump from the roof on to the tree?"
:monkey: YEEE-HAWWW!!!:monkey: Oh ya, I'd get right on that one since now ya knows how, OMG I think Imma gonna puke laughing!!!
"i'm concerned that those limbs will fall & mess up my fence even more." Good, better than havin' a pizzed off 'yard boy' mess up yer face! GAH!
"what day will you be here next week?" Suggestion, NEVER.
"by the way, it sure is nice having a yard boy around here, the neighbors want you to work at their place for free to" Boy oh boy, ain't they just the givin' sort, how magnaminous of them :clap:
"thanks, mark" um, grrrrrrrrrrrr :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Un-frikken-believable!

Errrrrrr, this isn't a joke is it???? :cry:

;)

.... will you cut up the mulberry
for me & haul the brush from it & from the pine that is already on the
ground up to the road for me when you come next week, & then come back &
finish cutting off the pine sometime soon when you can bring a spotter? i know you said that it is not a good idea to use spikes to climb a tree that is not going to be cut down, but maybe you can just jump from the roof on to the tree?
i'm concerned that those limbs will fall & mess up my fence even more.
what day will you be here next week?
by the way, it sure is nice having a yard boy around here, the neighbors want you to work at their place for free to
thanks, mark[/color

What the.......Avalancher I think you should keep those free craiglist rounds on the side and split em by hand...just think of that weasley homeowner every time you swing your maul....

:bang:

He Called You A...

YARD BOY!!!!!!!

Bawhhhhahhhahhhahhha! :D

Sorry man, but that's some funny sh!t right there!!! Best laugh I've had all day, thanks.

Let us not forget just how valuable wood is, though. Some of these offers seem perfectly reasonable - 2 cords of wood for a new roof, for example. Hey, this guy thinks so, anyway:

Pricey_Birch_Logs.jpg

'Decorative accents..' O-o..... "Yesh and here is my rotten birch accent, ain't it bootyfull???"

:dizzy:

You guys have to be making this shi t up. If your really going and doing bit ch labor for a little wood, your crazy in my book. They need to contact a tree service and get a quote, instead of begging for freebies. The quote is always higher if the wood is to be hauled away by us. The only ads I would ever go to are ones that have a picture of stacked up hardwood in an easy to reach location.

Last edited:
forgot to mention...make sure he pays you what he owes you. He probably wrotre that email to p%ss you off so you wouldn't come back.

Thanks to all that posted, in answer to the questions, no I am not making this stuff up. I copied and pasted word for word what he emailed me.
Now I am in a real dilema. I know he wants me to return to finish the job, 3/4 of the brush from the job still needs to be dragged to the road. When piling the brush to the side, I layed a heavy piece of rope first on the ground, then when its brush pulling time I planned on leaving the truck and trailer at the road and run the winch line down to each pile and hook on to the lasso around each pile and pull them all the road. Now I dont know what to do.
I sure dont want to go back there, but I ALWAYS keep my word. The deal was I get the wood, and I will pull all the brush to the road for the city to pick up. I have one load of wood there, my $$ for the damage he did to my saw, and I have a job to finish. But I sure dont feel like listening to any more crap! What to do?
I hate going back on my word, but a guy can take only so much!
What would you all do?

Thanks to all that posted, in answer to the questions, no I am not making this stuff up. I copied and pasted word for word what he emailed me.
Now I am in a real dilema. I know he wants me to return to finish the job, 3/4 of the brush from the job still needs to be dragged to the road. When piling the brush to the side, I layed a heavy piece of rope first on the ground, then when its brush pulling time I planned on leaving the truck and trailer at the road and run the winch line down to each pile and hook on to the lasso around each pile and pull them all the road. Now I dont know what to do.
I sure dont want to go back there, but I ALWAYS keep my word. The deal was I get the wood, and I will pull all the brush to the road for the city to pick up. I have one load of wood there, my $$ for the damage he did to my saw, and I have a job to finish. But I sure dont feel like listening to any more crap! What to do?
I hate going back on my word, but a guy can take only so much!
What would you all do?

I'd go back and do what I said I'd do, but no more than that.

Show up, put your plugs in your ears, then put your ear muffs on, then get busy.

When he shows up with his new list of chores, tell him that you didn't sign on as a groundskeeper, but that you will finish what you said you'd finish.

Latest posts

Back