crane and i doing our thing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does he have nothing to say! Or just post these glamorous Hollywood productions films.Waiting for a Oscar?:chainsaw:

He needs to be begged for his return to grace with his one of a kind videos,lol His delicate sensibilities are damaged by the HACKS who attack him regularly, we do not deserve him, were not worthy...

Last edited:
He needs to be begged for his return to grace with his one of a kind videos,lol His delicate sensibilities are damaged by the HACKS who attack him regularly, we do not deserve him, were not worthy...

Oh, thats right, you guys had something or another you were going at each other about. I think I missed that one mostly though.

Oh, thats right, you guys had something or another you were going at each other about. I think I missed that one mostly though.

Yea I said that hes gay , and any half decent climber can be productive with a crane and that made his hair stand up straight and i think he reported my post but I'm not sure , he's a baby plain and simple but I didn't want him to leave just change his panties..Which I still will say to anyone A CRANE MAKES TREE WORK EASY

Yea I said that hes gay , and any half decent climber can be productive with a crane and that made his hair stand up straight and i think he reported my post but I'm not sure , he's a baby plain and simple but I didn't want him to leave just change his panties..Which I still will say to anyone A CRANE MAKES TREE WORK EASY

What I found (with my addmittedly limited crane exp.) was that just the stress of setting the whole deal up is really the worst part. The crane work its self is no big deal (and fun).

I would love to do OD's job for a couple months (for the expierience), but I wouldnt want that everyday. Its just not an obtainable reality for most of us regular tree service guys - all that huge equipment, and the crew for it that is.

What I found (with my addmittedly limited crane exp.) was that just the stress of setting the whole deal up is really the worst part. The crane work its self is no big deal (and fun).

I would love to do OD's job for a couple months (for the expierience), but I wouldnt want that everyday. Its just not an obtainable reality for most of us regular tree service guys - all that huge equipment, and the crew for it that is.

I would imagine someone like OD probably doesn't even fuel his own saw, and if he has any part of the crane setup I would venture to say it's limited to dropping some dunnage under the pads... And perhaps changing the batteries in his headset..

Having your eyeballs rattling around in your head and swearing at the ground help is good for a climber once in a while. lol.

Like I said, I'm kind of green at cranework, but I like the quiet of a backyard climb without all that noise. I also like the sound of brush dragging. lol.

But as a business owner, you gotta know when its time to bring a crane, or youre missing out.

Having your eyeballs rattling around in your head and swearing at the ground help is good for a climber once in a while. lol.

Like I said, I'm kind of green at cranework, but I like the quiet of a backyard climb without all that noise. I also like the sound of brush dragging. lol.

But as a business owner, you gotta know when its time to bring a crane, or youre missing out.

If I comes too paying 1500 to 2000 for a rig most of the time I'll pass..

quite the crowd in the second video! looks like you migh have some future tree workers in some of those kids watching

Yes, the crane makes it easy but there is still a learning curve there. You need to know log weights and rigging. There is some skill involved there. Plus, there is literally tons of liability and there is some danger. I have personally known two who have died doing it.

As for the "prima donna" deal? Tell me of one good climber who doesn't have a little bit of an ego.

Great videos OD. Next time your crew is taking down hardwoods in or near Northborough, you can have the log truck drop the stems off at my house.

Yes, the crane makes it easy but there is still a learning curve there. You need to know log weights and rigging. There is some skill involved there. Plus, there is literally tons of liability and there is some danger. I have personally known two who have died doing it.

As for the "prima donna" deal? Tell me of one good climber who doesn't have a little bit of an ego.

A curve that can be taught in less than a yr. too someone with half a brain paired with an operator with half a brain probably less , but I also want to go on the record for saying I'm not saying that OD has less experience than anyone , just stop acting like GOD because your not plain and simple

sorry for the lack of response so soon fellas. been a tough weekend for oldirty. lost a good friend this past week and was busy with all the sadness that goes along with it. tough times that are causing me to re-evaluate alot of things in my life. what i've learned from this is that life is so very precious, so make the most of it. and if you are hurting inside ask for some help or talk to someone. inside your own head is never the safest place when you are in a bad spot.

sorry for the lack of response so soon fellas. been a tough weekend for oldirty. lost a good friend this past week and was busy with all the sadness that goes along with it. tough times that are causing me to re-evaluate alot of things in my life. what i've learned from this is that life is so very precious, so make the most of it. and if you are hurting inside ask for some help or talk to someone. inside your own head is never the safest place when you are in a bad spot.

Hang in there Justin. It does get tough sometimes.

Sorry to hear about your friend pard I have had many fall by the wayside over the years but hurts everytime.

Back