Crappy Stihl Cylinder - Looks like ChiCom Garbage!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy,
Lot of valid points here. It's chrome plated. Unless it failed, I doubt if they would replace it under warranty. It'll be interesting to see if they'll replace it under a customer service issue, or if they lock their jaw and say run it. Brad, what's the first digit of the serial number?
Regards
Gregg

When there's a Dolmar or Husky issue we Stihl guys don't rush in and go ha haaaaaaaaaa. :

Well sure they do ole buddy....LOL

There's no doubt that if this was a Husky cylinder, the Stihl guys would be all over it. There's Stihl guys all over the country right now looking for a junk Husky cylinder. Somebody will probably find one too. LOL. I'll see if I can come up with one and save them all that trouble.

Howdy,
Lot of valid points here. It's chrome plated. Unless it failed, I doubt if they would replace it under warranty. It'll be interesting to see if they'll replace it under a customer service issue, or if they lock their jaw and say run it. Brad, what's the first digit of the serial number?
Regards
Gregg

27304xxxx. Bought in December '08. The saw looks like it's seen maybe 2-3 tanks of fuel.

Howdy,
Regards
Gregg

Gregg has a good point here, and it would apply to every OEM. I doubt Husky or Jonsered would respond favorably to a warranty claim written up like this: "Customer removed cylinder and didn't like the way it looked."

But Brad is right, it does look like crap.

Well sure they do ole buddy....LOL

There's no doubt that if this was a Husky cylinder, the Stihl guys would be all over it. There's Stihl guys all over the country right now looking for a junk Husky cylinder. Somebody will probably find one too. LOL. I'll see if I can come up with one and save them all that trouble.

Now, Spike you know we would never do anything like that.

:D

Not! If that cylinder came out of a new 372xp it would shut the site down with stihl lover activity. You guys love to talk about husky like they're cheaply made.

Not so, I showed a 372 with a defective crankcase right out the box, very few had much to say about that, they were kinda quiet and shy, oppppps I forget, this thread in on Stihl so here they are licking their chops, gotta love it,LOL

Not so, I showed a 372 with a defective crankcase right out the box, very few had much to say about that, they were kinda quiet and shy, oppppps I forget, this thread in on Stihl so here they are licking their chops, gotta love it,LOL

And to think I never gave that saw a chance to pee all over my jeans, I'll run the famous 372 next time.

Not, LOL.

I am not getting too excited about one bad cylinder, but the damning fact here is that Stihl's management thought it a good idea to move the production of this part in house, and somehow at least this one part made it into a pro saw. Moves like this are ones that can really kill a good company. I hope this is either a fluke or the big boys at Stihl see the error of their ways soon.

I am not getting too excited about one bad cylinder, but the damning fact here is that Stihl's management thought it a good idea to move the production of this part in house, and somehow at least this one part made it into a pro saw. Moves like this are ones that can really kill a good company. I hope this is either a fluke or the big boys at Stihl see the error of their ways soon.

Did you miss the link where Timberwolf is reporting the same inferior quality in the 460 and 660?

That's because Stihl is #1 and we expect more out of them than this. Also, this looks to be more of a trend than simply a defect.

Aww so that changes the fact that I got a screwed up Husky out the box and that makes it ok. Your saying thats the kinda stuff were suppose to expect from Husky since they aren't No.1, okkkkkkkkk, makes sense to me,LOLOL

Can someone else confirm this, not that I doubt you AZLOGGER. I'd just like to nail this down before I start blabbing that Stihl is putting China crap cylinders on their pro saws, including at least the 260, 460, and 660.

Brad,

Too late bud. Check your post at 1:12 PM EST.

Crappy Stihl Cylinder - Looks like ChiCom Garbage!!!

So much for Stihl quality ehh? Check out this crap I found in a brand new MS260! The piston is marked Mahle and looks good. The cylinder is only marked Stihl. What are they doing? Outsourcing this crap to China?! Sure looks like it. So much for bashing the BB kits and hold up Stihl as an example. At least Husky is stihl using Mahle cylinders on their pro saws that I've seen.

?

Joat

Haha, you prove my point perfectly. Doesn't that particular saw even have a funny nickname that is repeatedly mentioned here? Drippy or something lol? Yeah, you guys totally let that go......(not, that is fun to say)

And.....this cylinder is the product of a decision that Stihl made, not just a defective part.

Uh oh, isn't this SO painful....Like a stake in the heart...Gotta run now, by the time I get back there will probably be 7 more pages of :cry: and excuses.

Sure appears Stihl is cutting corners....Looks like greed....Guilty until proven innocent! :laugh:

Put a fork in 'em!

It is only one cylinder.

Could have been the 1rst of the month, and a Monday to boot, training a new casting tech.

Could have been late afternoon on a Friday and the mold casters were in a hurry to fill their quota.

It is only one cylinder.

It is only one cylinder.

Could have been the 1rst of the month, and a Monday to boot, training a new casting tech.

Could have been late afternoon on a Friday and the mold casters were in a hurry to fill their quota.

It is only one cylinder.

Doesn't matter if it's only one, the Stihl bashers are going to run with it.:dizzy:

Mark my words. 50 years. Of course, 50 years may be conservative. :)

Latest posts

Back