Crappy Stihl Cylinder - Looks like ChiCom Garbage!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knowd they couldn't hang with ya Woodie. They just ain't got it like you. The last I heard a couple of them they was whinin like little girls, wavin a white flag, calling a truce and runnin over the hill faster than General George Custer did at Little Bighorn.

WOODIE IS #1

Nice Kimono....

I think my 084s just increased in value, as well as the NWOB MS440. I'll wait a couple of years, I think.

attachment.php

Just curious, anybody taken pics of a 441 cylinder yet?

Yup. I will post them in a build later. Ports are ok, much clean-up work to be done. Base was not square with the bore. Big problem was the cylinder was not chromed all the way to the top. It limited how much of a pop-up we could run.

Corners were definitely cut for costs, but probably not anything that significantly affected a stock saws performance. It will do (did) what the engineers wanted it to do just fine.

incredible... Ive never seen a cylinder that was that poor of quality. Its a stihl thow so what you expect lolz. Its called husky my friend. Get one!

people wonder why i like the older saws?

well as the economy gets worse. corporate management will tighten up. one of the ways to improve the bottom line is dig all the parts out of the junk bin and make a saws , cars, washing-machines and what not out of them.

sort of like Firestone back in the 90s. they went back and got the reject tires filled the split seems with glue and sold them for new tires. they improved the bottom line for a while--:cry:

Back