Crazy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyhightree1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I gave a estimate yesterday to one of the craziest home owners I have came across in a while. He had a huge White Oak that was about 70 feet tall with limbs all over the place the base of the tree was around 52 inches and it had been struck by lightning and split down the middle. He wanted all the limbs and pieces of trunk lowered to the ground -wood split- stump ground - wood carried to the back of his lot only brush to be chipped and removed. This would take me about 2 or 3 days to complete between me and my 3 workers. I gave him an estimate of $4,200.00 one because I didn't really want to deal with him cause he was picky and a bargain hunter and 2 if I did it I wanted it to be well worth my time. He told me I was crazy and that was too high so I proceeded to walk back to my truck and leave he followed me to my truck and was like I had someone come over here and said they would do it for $650.00 I told him man you need to hurry up and call that guy back before he changes his mind. If someone was going to do that for $650.00 he has no insurance - no decent equiptment - no brains in his head.. What do yall think? Would any of yall have done that for $650.00 ?

You did the right thing, the guy was trying to B.S. you. You should have asked him the name of the company, to put him on the spot

I did ask but he didnt say anything so I continued to my truck and got in and left... He is crazy.. I had to go by his house to another job today and the tree is still there dead and dangerous as ever..

Latest posts

Back