Credit card billing app?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernTierTree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I’m trying to figure out the best way to give clients the ability to pay with a card. Typically it’s always cash or check. I’m small time so I’m realisticly only going to be billing a few cards a month. Any suggestions?

So I’m trying to figure out the best way to give clients the ability to pay with a card. Typically it’s always cash or check. I’m small time so I’m realisticly only going to be billing a few cards a month. Any suggestions?
Paypal 1% fee
I added venmo but most either dont have it or are to botheted by the 10 minutes it takes to set it up.

I still do 99.5% check or cash

I added venmo for a customer that requested it. I love it.
No fees on account transfers that aren't express.

Word to the wise on venmo...
Verify your account with your full info right off the bat. If not there will be a $400 limit.

I use Square too. If the reader doesn't work, you can also email an invoice and they pay through Square online. It is a little more than using the reader, but cheaper than you entering it manually.

Square is what I use, been using it about 8 years.

PayPal is not 1%, it's right around 3%, same as Square.

Have looked into other outfits, they have cheaper rates, BUT after you add the monthly fee and annual fees it's not any cheaper (least for me)
Did the math and need to do around 75k/year in card sales to where Square isn't the better option.

There are many options out there that can be used. However, we have been using ArboStar. It works quite well

Latest posts

Back