Crock Pot Recipes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not it is meat and millions of people around the world eat canine. I was introduced to it in SE Asia my self.
Prepare it properly and is every bit as good as horse and the cats like lion, mountain lion and tiger.

People really eat tofu too.

:D Al

How has no one posted a recipe for bird yet?

couple-3 pheasants or grouse (boned out)
with the pheasants use a couple cans of cream o' whatever ya got
with the grouse I like to use a can of cream o' celery and cream o' chicken
let that cook on low for about 6 hrs
add rice and whatever veggies ya want, and let her sit til veggies and rice are done.

It's good, simple, cheap, and can feed an army.

Round roast from hind quarter of deer (trimmed completely of all fat and silver skin), and small pork roast
1 - Red Onion sliced (large onion)
1 - green bell pepper sliced thin
1 - Red bell pepper sliced thin
1 - Poblano pepper sliced thin
2 - Jalapeno peppers fine chopped
5/6 - cloves garlic chopped fine
1 - dry packet of mesquite marinade (I use Lawry's but you get the idea)
1 tsp. of Cumin
1 tsp. of paprika
s/p to taste
1 tbs. of worcesthire(sp) sauce
12 oz of a good stout
cover w/ water, crockpot for 8hrs on low
Use the broth to make gravy serve w/ mashed taters or the like

A little chili prep from tonight.

Browning the venison steak.
IMG_6900.JPG

Chopped onion and pepper.
IMG_6901.JPG
IMG_6902.JPG

Steak is coming along.
IMG_6903.JPG

Ready to transfer.
IMG_6904.JPG

Everything in the crock pot.
IMG_6905.JPG

Tossed in tomato sauce and chili powder. Ready to cook overnight
IMG_6908.JPG

Id like to try this tomorrow any chance for a detailed recipe list. Thanks Joe
4 lbs meat
One each onion, green pepper, red pepper
Jalapeño peppers (optional)
Two packages chili seasoning (I use McCormick hot packets)
Three 15 oz cans tomato sauce

Brown cubed meat. Add all ingredients to the crock pot or Dutch oven and cook to desired tenderness.

I will sometimes sub a can of roasted or stewed tomatoes for one can of tomato sauce.

4 lbs meat
One each onion, green pepper, red pepper
Jalapeño peppers (optional)
Two packages chili seasoning (I use McCormick hot packets)
Three 15 oz cans tomato sauce

Brown cubed meat. Add all ingredients to the crock pot or Dutch oven and cook to desired tenderness.

I will sometimes sub a can of roasted or stewed tomatoes for one can of tomato sauce.
Thank you ill let you know how it turns out

Tomorrow's lunch and dinner.

Ingredients:
Venison
Onion
Carrots
Celery
Mushrooms
Wild rice
2 cans beefy mushroom soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Garlic salt
Black pepper.

Three hours in the Dutch oven in a 300 degree oven and she's ready to go.

IMG_0423.JPG

Anybody make their own Corned Beef?
Get a cheap roast(not necessarily brisket) and throw it in a zip-lock freezer bag for about 2-weeks.
There's lots of recipes available, I typically keeps things simple: Kosher salt, Mortons tender quick(pickling salts), brown sugar, pepper, clove, mustard seed, bay leaf, allspice.

Instead of cabbage, throw in brussel sprouts, they take to long cook times without turning to complete mush or add them about 1/2 way through.
Add carrots and(or) potatoes about 3/4 through.

Day after turn the leftovers into breakfast hash

Anybody make their own Corned Beef?
Get a cheap roast(not necessarily brisket) and throw it in a zip-lock freezer bag for about 2-weeks.
There's lots of recipes available, I typically keeps things simple: Kosher salt, Mortons tender quick(pickling salts), brown sugar, pepper, clove, mustard seed, bay leaf, allspice.

Instead of cabbage, throw in brussel sprouts, they take to long cook times without turning to complete mush or add them about 1/2 way through.
Add carrots and(or) potatoes about 3/4 through.

Day after turn the leftovers into breakfast hash
We don't make our own but my wife does corned beef roasts with beer and a secret spice rub that she will not disclose what's in it even to me. It's very good.

I'm going to try making some stuffed peppers in the crock pot either tomorrow or this weekend.
I hope to get them to come out like individual Philly cheese steaks, minus the steak...
Gonna fill 'um with burger, onion, mozzarella, rice and misc spices.

I used that Dutch oven for a nice batch of chili yesterday. Venison steak, onion, sweet pepper, Serrano pepper, mushroom, tomato sauce, stewed tomato, and a can of tomato/okra/corn.

9 hours at 260 in the oven and she was right where I wanted it.

Ironically, 4 hours at 300 will get the same tenderness. So if I'm gone all day versus home at lunch determines what temp it's cooked at.

I used that Dutch oven for a nice batch of chili yesterday. Venison steak, onion, sweet pepper, Serrano pepper, mushroom, tomato sauce, stewed tomato, and a can of tomato/okra/corn.

9 hours at 260 in the oven and she was right where I wanted it.

Ironically, 4 hours at 300 will get the same tenderness. So if I'm gone all day versus home at lunch determines what temp it's cooked at.
Im all set up for the first recipe when done in the crock pot over night that on low?

Back