• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Crusty 395 XP Husqvarna Builder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Grabbed this up with the intention of getting it going to mill a large white oak at my parents place. As so often happens another saw happened to pop up that was less of a project for me so this one is heading down the road.
The saw is in no way a pretty saw, but it is all orange or some flavor of orange.
Issues or concerns that I can remember or have seen, I have not doubt that there may be more:
Looks to have an AM cylinder that is scored.
AM recoil.
Recoil holes wallowed out.
When the recoil was installed the screws used were too long, the bottom left screw went straight into the fuel tank .
Wallowed out top cover holes.
Kill switch wire from the coil to the switch is broken.
Odd spot on the front lower AV mount(I wasn't concerned because I was going to mill with it).
Muffler dented.
You will also need top cover screws and recoil screws, I have all the muffler and mount screws.
$325 net to me powerhead only plus shipping. I can get an oem 395 cylinder kit for this saw for another 125.
Here's some more pictures.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DrwDVMA3RG6Tt6Nw6Thanks Brett
Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.25.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.25.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.27.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.27.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.28.51 PM.png

I am interested in the saw and top end. How bad are the screw holes? They all need helicoils?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am interested in the saw and top end. How bad are the screw holes? They all need helicoils?

Just realized you're a new member, welcome to AS :).
That's what I would want done.
I've seen others use coarse threads screws like from the handles into the plastic or the larger one that goes into the AV on the cylinder.
@Jacob J. may be able to make some suggestions.

Cool. Thanks for the welcome, I've actually been lurking a long time, and was a member back in 2009. . . Bought a ported dolmar 7900 from jasha Reynolds. Been so long I forgot my login info lol

Cool. Thanks for the welcome, I've actually been lurking a long time, and was a member back in 2009. . . Bought a ported dolmar 7900 from jasha Reynolds. Been so long I forgot my login info lol

For sure. You should be welcoming me then :laugh:.
I like those ported 7900/7910's :yes:.
Did you contact a mod, @pioneerguy600 can you help him retrieve his old username/passwords?

I sent you a PM.

Back