CS-2511T First Impression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snap

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Picked it up a few days ago and a couple impressions and lessons learned so far.
1. The lightweight is amazing. All dressed it's less than a gallon of milk.

2. Don't rev it out of the wood or else it pisses oil all over it's face and undercarriage. In the wood it acts as it should and the oil is in the shavings and not all over the saw.

3. Although I opted for the .043 ECHO bar and 90px chain, it can be grabby in the wood unless it's driven like a motocross bike; wide open from the start. It's not good to try to accelerate while in the wood because it may not power through the grabbiness unless it's at full power. Atleast that was the lesson in a green 3" diameter maple. It cut fine when used the way it needs to be used.

4. It it yet to be confirmed if the .043 setup reduces or eliminates the bar hop some have experienced with the .05 setup. Some more use will tell.

5. Repeat, the lack of weight is amazing.

I put the Stihl PMM3 .043 bar and chain on mine and there is no grabbing or jumping, and revs just fine in wood. Maybe your tuning is off a little with the not revving. Its pretty touchy to tuning.

I put the Stihl PMM3 .043 bar and chain on mine and there is no grabbing or jumping, and revs just fine in wood. Maybe your tuning is off a little with the not revving. Its pretty touchy to tuning.

Not revving was about a light finger on the throttle, not the tune. Used to the 335xpt that can bull its way up to speed in the cut.
No doubt the tune will change though because that was first cut in its life.

It’s the chain grabbing that causes the bar hop. File the cutters down but leave the rakers. I’ve had that happen a lot with new Oregon and husky chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of the 3/8 LP from Oregon is grabby out of the box. It has been going on for years now so you would think they would adjust their process but they have not.

One sharpening without touching the depth gauges and you should be cutting smooth.

I didn't care for mine until I ported it. Much different saw now. Check out the videos on my youtube channel about it(in my sig). I talk about the porting and chain comparisons.

Back