CS-8000 echo serial number

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the woolfe man

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi

Iv talked to three dealers today and looked around the internet to find out what year model my saw is but can not find out.
Anyone know how to work it out?
Serial number is 0005458
Model CS-8000 has white chain brake, orange crank case fuel tank,grey filter cover.
From what i can work out this model was first made in 1986.
But what year was mine made?

Thanks in advance.

I called up all of my Oregon suppliers, and wanted to know what year they discontinued the model 33 chain series.

The big question that popped up is "why"????

I called Oregon corporate, they responded, "We'll get our best people right on it!!!!!!!"

Don't know how to tell the year, but I have an early cs-8000 with serial 0001626, and it's a ripper. I think the earliest models were among the best in terms of power by the descriptions and video I've seen of the later ones in comparison to the way mine cuts. For sure they have a much larger carb throat. My saw has an HDA-45. The early saw with the big carb retrofitted with a late domed piston and four transfer port cylinder might be even stronger.

An oldish post I forgot I had asked. Good responses I think I was just curious asking the question about what year the saw was made.Or perhaps when I was selling it someone asked how old is it.
I have since brought another one and its been on the operating table waiting patiently for around 6months now.
Wood Doctor what kind of restoring did you do to make it run well?

Back