CSM stickers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are asking about how to do it on-site, out in the woods, where all you have for equipment is your chainsaw and your mill, that is a good question and I will be interested in seeing answers. Otherwise, you take a board you have cut to your table saw to rip it into strips, then a miter saw is great for cutting your stickers to length to match the width of your stack.

Thanks Abbott- I should have stated off site with no power, so using mill only. I guess I am looking for ideas for securing a few 1" boards together, and cutting those to 1"

I would just use a coupe of wood clamps, no need to go crazy if they don't come out prefect they are just stickers, but the table saw or bandsaw are my go machines for sticker generally.

Remember stickers shrink just like your slabs/rough lumber. Set the in the same orientation and flip every few months. I made that mistake and had to turn my black oak slabs into turning wood... actually not a bad mistake, made a chess set. Now the maple, oak and fir are stickered w old dry pine "still wood". If you are in a hurry cut 2x2 sticker, leave it by the fire, dry it in a night, send it through the planner, and/or draw knife, get it flat 1x1. should hold true if milled w grain. In my limited experience.

Attachments

• IMG_1236.JPG
    IMG_1236.JPG
    995.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Back