• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Cucumbers

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
We just had a snack; steamed green and yellow beans with butter. Mmmmm.

do you know what's in those canned foods? Neither do I.

get poop and your thumb will naturally get greener. Get poop from someone who doesnt use a bunch of chemicals in their animal production...
When I first moved here, 25 years ago, I had the most gorgeous garden, and it was my first. My cousin up the road let me bottle feed a couple of his calves and I used that poo in my garden the next year. I had so many green beans and peppers I sold them to the guy with the roadside market. Plus, that was the first time that patch of ground had been worked and it was very nice soil to start with.
One of these day, when I retire, if I'm not too old and decrepit, I'll have a nice garden again. Maybe. ;)

PS, I read that there's estrogen in the lining of canned food cans. Not a bad thing for older women, I guess. :laugh: Definitely not good for men.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
:oops:. I can't even imagine not seeing a bumblebee. Wth?

flowers. Flowers bring good, happy bugs. Almost any kind of flowers...clover, alfalfa, etc,etc,etc.
That may be the problem, my yard is becoming more shade than sun - which is the plan and I like that for several reasons. There used to be more flowers and clover blooming in my yard, but now the wild violets are taking over every shady spot, which I like because it's a nice ground cover.

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
We have been battling caterpillars and slugs a bit in the greenhouse, as well as aphids. Also, we don't (can't) effectively pollinate the cucs by hand because we have things a little (perhaps a lot) too crowded.

So, we've been catching lady bugs and bumble bees like crazy to put them in greenhouse jail for a while. Together with lots of existing spiders and other bugs and the coming-and-going snake we hope we'll get a balance.

what eats slugs?

how are your cucs doing TNT?
What type of cukes are you growing? Parthenocarpic types will produce fruit without pollination from bugs.

holeycow

holeycow

Dirt, Air, Water, Sun; Seeds.
That's a big word! Excellent. :eek:

my wife has been telling me that the last couple of days.

Idk, and the seed can is not handy..I just tried to find the seed packs. They were not in THAT can. Shoot. Wifey knows....she's just getting ready to start gathering up boxes to start extracting honey today. Mmmmmm.

anyway, thanks for the interest and the help.

some old english, some weird curly ones, and some pickle ones

the bumblebees are working on them pretty good the last couple of days.

does anybody know what eats slugs? Our slugs are tiny little things, maybe up to 3/8" max.

would a garter snake eat escargot?

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
That's a big word! Excellent. :eek:

my wife has been telling me that the last couple of days.

Idk, and the seed can is not handy..

some old english, some curly ones, and some pickle ones

the bumblebees are working on them pretty good the last couple of days.