Custom chainsaw felling spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kensie1988

Vintage Saw Maniac
Reaction score
Hows it going everyone!

Im looking to see if someone could help me out, im willing to purchase the metal, but i dont have a means to easily cut out the designs. I do have access to autoCAD and can draw spike to scale and print out templates to make the process as simple as possible. I can also do the cleaning and finishing. I can also help you create your own custom designs as well, if anyone likes the idea or wouldnt mind helping me out it would be much appreciated!

Hows it going everyone!

Im looking to see if someone could help me out, im willing to purchase the metal, but i dont have a means to easily cut out the designs. I do have access to autoCAD and can draw spike to scale and print out templates to make the process as simple as possible. I can also do the cleaning and finishing. I can also help you create your own custom designs as well, if anyone likes the idea or wouldnt mind helping me out it would be much appreciated!
Did you try a business search in your area for water jet cutting? Cleaning them up will take seconds.

Might not be what you are looking for, but the cost of plasma cutters has come down a bit. I bought one a few years ago and if you get a jig made. You can make some super clean cuts using it. Mine is a higher output unit mostly for 1/2" and up to 2". It gets a little tricky doing 1/4 and smaller for me. I need to keep it moving fast or it looses ground on the thinner metal.

A small 110 30amp machine would definitely do what you are needing done. But yes a waterjet is the nuts. I wish someone around my area had one.

Steven

I couldn't imagine hiring a water jet machine out would be profitable for something like chainsaw dawgs. The market for something like that is super small, and of that market, I doubt most folks would pay more than $20-30 a set.
For the more common saws, sets are available for cheap on Amazon, ebay, Madsen's, etc, so you'd need to make them for more oddball saws... ie.

I haven’t yet but it doesn’t take me long to draw, i know the pattern I want i just have to scale it to match the mount on a set I already have

AutoCAD it and leave the attachment holes off u can drill em easy and let me c what I can make happen

Back