ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Custom chainsaw parts on ebay

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by Benjamin S Pendleton, May 27, 2018.

1. Benjamin S Pendleton

Benjamin S Pendleton ArboristSite Member

Anyone had issues with this company? So far I've gotten a bad coil and now a bad rebuilt motor. They replaced the coil quickly but I'm waiting to see about the motor.

2. LoveStihlQuality

LoveStihlQuality Addicted to ArboristSite

I bought a few odds and ends ok. Shipping as much as part. He used to use name of Stihl parts or something like that. Got a cease and desist. IMO there are better sources.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

3. Cease232

Cease232 ArboristSite Guru

I've bought many things from him. Never had a problem. Shipping was always fast but way too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. smcrow

smcrow ArboristSite Operative

usually the only time i buy anything from him is if i need it fast. he ships pretty quick and we are both in Washington so they usually show up in a day or two. If he has the part i need i don't mind paying the extra for his shipping prices, but i do think they are a little high some times.

5. morbius18

morbius18 ArboristSite Operative

I've bought a metric crap ton of parts from them for rebuilding saws locally. Shipping is higher, but they combine shipping. I usually try to get two or more parts from them to make it worth it. Usually gets to TN in like 3 days. So fast shipping.

6. BuckthornBonnie

BuckthornBonnie ArboristSite Guru

He has quite the inventory and includes the traditional eBay markup plus a bit more. I was shocked when he/they bought one of my NOS eBay items the other day (1113 handle molding). I guess my price was right for him.

Totembear likes this.
  7. smcrow

smcrow ArboristSite Operative

I have never had an issue like the OP though all the parts i have gotten have been in good working order and shipped/arrived quickly. Pretty much all my West Coast large dawgs i have bought for saws over the past couple years have been from him.

8. old 040

old 040 Addicted to ArboristSite

Don't expect a reply if you ever want to ask a question, I have yet to have him reply to any questions I've asked, his descriptions on items is vague at best.

9. Jasonrkba

Jasonrkba Addicted to ArboristSite

I've sold on ebay to them. The money cleared and they left good feedback.

10. Kensie1988

Kensie1988 Vintage Saw Maniac

I've bought a lot of things from Mr. Bryce. I've never had any issues other than some spikes for a ms460 not lining up right but I just filed it down so it was a non issue. I know he has a few helpers to help him out, but when you have and move the volume he does I'm sure it's very difficult to keep up with the flood of questions you get when it's only you and a couple helpers. I can't say I've ever bought used items from him, I try and stick to new/NOS just because he can't possibly test every used item he gets.

11. JeremiahJohnson

JeremiahJohnson Redneck Chainsaw Repair

I've got reply's back from them when ask every time so far (even this year). Have bought from too but only when I couldt find elsewhere.

12. Cantdog

Cantdog Tree Freak

I've bought from Bryce a number of times and had very good luck......he is in business so he gets as much as he can from each sale...can't blame him there...shipping is long but he will combine similar sized items within reason to keep the shipping cost down. Never got a bad item yet nor had to argue about anything being less than described.

13. Totembear

Totembear WoodAholic

I've bought alot of parts from Bryce. The vast majority of them have been real good. I've got a few clunkers but gave him a call and he replaced the part np. Never had a problem with communication. I'd rather talk to somebody in person if I have a problem, it can be explained better and they can understand better what I'm talking about. Shipping is a little high, but I like getting parts fast. Its all part of doing business.