Customs clearance charges on Baileys shipping to Canada?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosss

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone have experience having Baileys ship to Canada? Were there customs, brokerage or other crossing the border charges?

Looking as getting something shipped up and it seems reasonable so far, just don't want any unexpected charges.

I phoned baileys and they didn't think there would be addition charges as it seems like gst and pst are charged and collected by ups up front.

They are looking into it further for me, but I thought I would ask here.

Thanks

If they (Baileys) are collecting the fees up front (taxes, import charges, at the checkout), then the item should arrive with no addition charges. If they are simply charging for UPS ground shipping, be prepared to get wacked at your doorstep.

You can go on govt of Canada customs (I think) to figure out what, if any, duty will be charged. I prefer to use USPS and Canada Post for these things. They are generally more fair in the brokerage and duty aspect.

The country of origin and the type of goods determines the duty payable. Country of origin is where the goods were manufactured, not from where the goods are purchased/shipped.

There is a table of duty percentages somewhere in the Canada Customs pages. I have used it in the past to figure these things out.

If you can’t figure it out on the net, then call Canada customs. I have found the govt folks to be very helpful over the years...except for the taxation folks that is

Sometimes it is just easier to let the vendor, in this case Baileys, just handle it all. Then there are no surprises.

Latest posts

Back