Cut myself some mulberry, oddly satisfied

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamT1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So it’s cold today and windy. Wife wants me to stay home. I can’t stand the dang heater kicking on because I’m a cheap skate. I’m out of firewood currently, you know what they say about the painter who’s own house looks horrible..... anyways I have lots of mulberry trees in my yard. I cleaned the ash out and there was still some coals down deep after a day, I was thinking There is always dead limbs so I grab my saw and cut a dead limb off a tree. I stacked it full of the little sticks and left the dampener cracked, vents open and went to pick the kids up at grandmas hoping it would light up while I was gone. When I returned the house was hot and fire blazing. I always dismissed this junky mulberry as junk wood, but I realky kinda like it. It’s even cleaned up my nasty glass some. I think I’ll go cut the rest of my dead limbs up they may make a cord worth. I’ll definitely start bringing this home doing tree jobs instead of putting it in the burn pile . What’s in there now has been lit for about 3 hours and was all small sticks with the dampener 1/8 open and air all the way for 1.5 hours of that .
974AF37C-16EE-497F-9EA1-13166435F855.jpeg

It’s the little brother of hedge
Not as hot or long lasting and instead of sparks big pops of hot coals

Relationship of the two is that they have a male tree and a female tree
Females produce the fruits
Hedge balls or mulberry’s
They say one or the other pops or sparks and is true but haven’t figured it out yet by the time I cure them I can’t remember or too many beers ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back