Cutters Edge 2172

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronie

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Got a new saw today, a Cutters Edge 2172. It started right up and seems to run good I'm not sure if I like the external air filter, might have to change that. I does have a cool off switch, you slide it over to shut the saw off and it springs back to the on position. I haven't had a chance to go over it but it looks like the only changes they made was the air filter and the pull handle.

Attachments

• KIMG0057.JPG
    KIMG0057.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 62
  • KIMG0056.JPG
    KIMG0056.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 63
The FU&k would they put the filter on the outside for....?

Either way. Cool find.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Well I pulled the muffler and the piston looks good. Did a compression check and it's almost 160psi. I don't feel any play in the crank so it's looking good. I'll do a vac/pressuer check this weekend. Now I need an air filter cover, I just don't like the filter hanging out like that.

Its because it's a fire rescue saw I've worked on alot of firetrucks and that's what alot of them have a cutters edge made by jred in there trucks usually have the depth gauge on the bar and the rescue chain for cutting siding nails roofs etcView attachment 737537

Cool info.

Still don’t see a REASON to have it on the outside. [emoji848][emoji848]

I haven't looked yet but it wouldn't surprise me if the air injection has been blocked off the keep the ash and water out of the carburetor area.

The air filter on the outside basically let's it live/run longer in hot and smokey places doesnt need to be hidden like wood saws rescue saws arnt getting much saw chips and fines when there cutting houses

Cool,

Thanks for the explanation. I just wanted to understand is all.

Thanks for dealing with me[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Ha it's all good only reason I know is working on some fire trucks and talking to a bunch of firefighters and checking the saws out for there cool factor you want to know the crazy part those saws with the bar the carbide chain and depth gauge cost between 2 and 3 thousand dollars new that's crazy money for a 70 to 80cc saw

I think the OP got a great saw that should last a long time I'm not sure I'd change out the air filter or not but if I did I'd definitely save it not a real common item

Back