Cutters Edge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WRW

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Anyone know for a fact who makes the powerhead for Cutters Edge saws and their specs? I have to write a justification for a purchase in the near future and need some idea of what I'm talking about. I know what it looks like, but...

Last edited:
All of the ones that I have seen or sold where made by Jonsered.I have seen them made out of the 670,920 and 930 saws.They where basically a chain saw with an extra heat shield to keep the heat off the front of the saw,most had full wrap handles.If you look at some of the posts by Huskman,he always has a picture of one.
Later
Dan

All the ones I have seen are Jonsereds. Mine is a 670. We have a new one on our fire dept and it is a 2065. I think they are a good buy. Most fire Depts hardly ever fire up the ventilation saw. Ours probably gets used 3-4 times a year (small dept) And even then it only is for a few seconds and thats it.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I'm impressed by the chain...we're currently using carbi-chain and the cutters edge has a lower list price as well as other advantages. For those that want the whole ensemble, I'd have to justify losing the 038s over simply changing out the bar and chain.

Can`t say I ever used any carbi-chain, but I did stick the tip of a 36" bar running .404 on a Jonsy 930 through the roof of a local watering hole, from the inside out. Seemed to work OK:eek: Russ

Back