Cutting Unruly Limbs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I do similar as you describe. I have a 4x6 trailer for ATV. Also use my tractor and bucket with forks. My sawbuck is light enough to carry short distances or just roll it and walk to a location. Here are some thicker pieces.

0E87EC4C-AAD8-432C-A5DD-E5F02CB919A4.jpeg C9B48636-1FFB-41AB-848A-897B0E8BA818.jpeg

Please give detailed instructions on how-to-do-it. I'm old and very computer illiterate. Thanks for the info.

When replying, hit the 'upload a file' button, middle bottom. Pick your photo from your computer/device. Then it should give a thumbnail or full size option. Then - presto.

When replying, hit the 'upload a file' button, middle bottom. Pick your photo from your computer/device. Then it should give a thumbnail or full size option. Then - presto.

Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow when I find the pictures. I did do a couple minute video clip I was going to try You Tube but I can't find that file now...must have gotten lost when I had to buy a new computer.

Here is what to use if your messing with the small stuff. Move the saw to the wood cut and throw in a wagon, trailer pick up and take it to the wood burner.

:D Al

Ah yes. We used one of them a couple winters back when I was a kid. I was the unfortunate one named to be the 'take off guy'. Stand nexst to that unguarded blade and grab the rounds coming off.

Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow when I find the pictures. I did do a couple minute video clip I was going to try You Tube but I can't find that file now...must have gotten lost when I had to buy a new computer.

I must be missing something. I hit the upload button and have the picture on the desktop but choosing 'open' gets, File not found. What am I missing?

Buzz saw on a Ford 8 N with 3 point to move the saw. the other was a Farmal cub cutting fire wood.

:D Al

I must be missing something. I hit the upload button and have the picture on the desktop but choosing 'open' gets, File not found. What am I missing?

Are you looking in the correct file on your computer? It may be defaulting to look in a different one. When I worked off a tablet that's what it did.

Are you looking in the correct file on your computer? It may be defaulting to look in a different one. When I worked off a tablet that's what it did.

I only have one picture file and only use a computer. The problem is the 'select file'. I hilite the file and click 'open' but get 'file not found'. Looks like I will have to sign up with a photo sharing site.

Okay, try this: That does it but the image sucks. I used posdtimage.org and specified to resize for e-mail and websites. It also dioes not embed the image.

Attachments

• sawbuck1[1].jpg
    sawbuck1[1].jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 10
Mine was almost identical. Nice being build of wood, no worries about contacting the chain, as with a metal one. I eventually got bored of it and welded up a metal one of the longer and lower variety, which is great but I have to be careful. One thing I found is the sticks do settle and pinch, and as the thing loaded up with cut blocks they can spin out at you - been got a couple of times on the knee, so dangerous I had to buy knee and shin guards. Heavy logs on top or the wee ones will spin out at you. The old fashioned way was to bang four fenceposts into the ground... A vid of my old one -

When I’m cutting on the sawbuck, I constantly look at the chainsaw tip and the kerf. If it looks like the limbs are starting to pinch, I stop then start cutting from the bottom. Never had a stick come back at me. They all fall to the ground. I look at the tip because I use usually a Stihl 017 short bar. With a larger saw it is not as important but I still look.

I usually dont cut smaller limbs. But I made this when I bout the new stove. Old stove would take 24 inchers. New stove at most 21 inch. Had to cut at least 6 cords down to size and doing them one at a time wouldn't have worked at all . Just a few pallets screwed together cut from either side. 20181016_113733.jpg 20181016_114401.jpg

Back