Cylinder Index

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Dunlap

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Since John brought the subject up, let's see what your CI is now. The Mayor does allow people to use non-running cylinders in their calculations but let's confine our count to cylinders that run, or could with a little tuning. Junked out and burned up carcasses don't count in the RCI [Running Cylinder Index} although you could use them for your GL CI.

In order to have any kind of bragging rights, your CI should equal your age. Since I just had a birthday, I just equal my CI with 48.

Living in Diversity Ville, Garage Logic, the county seat of Gumption County in the state where nothing is allowed, Minnesota.

Tom

PS-John in MA...where did you hear about CI?

To listen to the Mayor on the web, between 2-5 PM Central time, check this out:

http://www.am1500.com/garagelogic/onthenet.htm

The subject comes up now and then on about every message board I've been on. I think I first heard about it on AK-47.net a few years ago, and the guy who posted it there heard it on FAL Files, etc. Never knew where it came from in the first place.

My RCI is 30. If you count non-running (but not ruined) engines it's 36. Cars, outboards, chainsaws, demo saws, weedeaters, brush cutters, leaf blowers, lawn mowers, and a couple Cox airplane engines. If you toss in air compressor cylinders it's 40 even.

Now, my age isn't close to that--I'm younger. Just goes to show the kind of "problem" this turns into.

BTW: I should be up to 41 total next week when my Pioneer 1072 arrives. The hobby that consumed the earth...

His Honor, the Mayor, Joe Soucheray, ruled many times that air compressors don't count, running or not. Wankels count by the number of spark plugs or lobes. No adjustment given for electric motors either.

The CI breaks down into Urban and Rural too. Even for an urban count, unless you go over 25 it isn't even worth talking about :)

5 chainsaws
2 snowblowers
1 leaf blower
1 leaf vaccuum
2 lawn mowers
1 tractor
1 log splitter
1 Chrysler snow runner (sort of a motor bike with a snowmobile track)- motorized leg breaker
1 go-kart
1 hedge trimmer
1 string trimmer
1 1967 Dodge coronet 8 cyls
1 1985 Dodge truck 8 cyls
1 1993 Chrysler Concorde 6 cyls
oh ,and a vw powered dune buggy
43 cyls 34 years how'm I doin ?

whew Just the running stuff I can remember I'm at 78 , over double my age:p That's between cars ,trucks, boat motors,trimmers,saws,motorcycles,misc equip. ..............

67 chainsaws
3 trucks 8 cly a piece
2 tractors 6 cyl a piece
4 lawnmowers
4 chevy 350 engines
1 go kart
1 ford 302
1 leaf blower
2 rota tiller
4 briggs
2 onan twin
cylinder index is 159