Cylinder problem?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa firewood cutter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
will these holes create a problem?

Attachments

• 18948795-ACBC-4C41-B353-43214DC0351B.jpeg
    18948795-ACBC-4C41-B353-43214DC0351B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
  • E50B843B-7223-48C1-A324-139106B6F0D4.jpeg
    E50B843B-7223-48C1-A324-139106B6F0D4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
Pressure test it to see if they’re leaking. They might only be a surface defect.

Yea, it’s not and oem kit but I expected better from meteor, I will send it back to baileys and get a oem kit.

Contacted baileys and I will be sending it back and getting a oem kit, was very disappointed with the overall quality of the cylinder, I would have thought meteor was better than the turd I got, lesson learned- oem is the only way to go if you want quality.

Contacted baileys and I will be sending it back and getting a oem kit, was very disappointed with the overall quality of the cylinder, I would have thought meteor was better than the turd I got, lesson learned- oem is the only way to go if you want quality.

Good choice. I'm afraid with that porosity and casting defect you couldn't tell the depth or severity of the defect. No telling what would happen under stress--it may run good and for a long time, or it may experience catastrophic failure right away. Not worth gambling with.

Chi-Com beer can material?

Tecomec went that way, has Meteor also?

That Meteor cylinder is obviously a Friday afternoon special that made its way through quality control. It can happen to anyone: if Meteor swaps it without any theatrics I wouldn't worry. Everybody can have issues: it's how you deal with them that makes a difference.
When you are either denied warranty on ridiculous grounds or sold junk that breaks down just outside warranty... now that is another matter completely.

It was definitely a Friday afternoon or a Monday morning part, not bashing meteor just was not expecting to have problems.

Back