Damn dolkita oiler crap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

August76

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Notice this bastard wasnt oiling bar for nothing. Pulled off cover and bar revved piss out of said bastard. After a min nothing. Let idle out comes some oil. Not alot.
Took my air and blew into the tank vent. Oil never came out of the intended tube end but did some place near pump. Corrosion everywhere. What did homedepot do clean these with salt water?20191114_201700.jpg 20191114_201618.jpg 20191114_202125.jpg Screenshot_20191114-220843_Gallery.jpg

A quick search on eBay reveals that these saws must be made out of unobtainium and that China doesn't feel like copying these ones. so there are no cheap parts available.

Eco-friendly bar oil will eat alloys... I have a Husqvarna 61 and an older Partner cube like that - well not quite as bad but all the paint has been eaten in the vicinity of the bar mount and the surface looks like a sponge. The Partner even had a leaky oil tank (rotten tank bottom) which I fixed with JB Weld...

Eco-friendly bar oil will eat alloys... I have a Husqvarna 61 and an older Partner cube like that - well not quite as bad but all the paint has been eaten in the vicinity of the bar mount and the surface looks like a sponge. The Partner even had a leaky oil tank (rotten tank bottom) which I fixed with JB Weld...
Yeah this guy is eaten into the body the adjustment sits. Doesnt appear to leak there but I think the pump is worn out. Or maybe theres crap plugging the lines. My old mac super 250 was bad for corrosion but this saw isnt old. I paided $300 for it last year when homedepot auctioned it off in Phoenix. So is there a better choice for bar oil?

Eco-friendly bar oil will eat alloys...
This is pretty horrible, especially considering the inside of many oil tanks isn't completely painted/coated.

@August76 we need better pics! At best take it apart, clean the parts, and then take pics. At worst hit it with some brake cleaner, degreaser and a hose, and/or compressed air. It's pretty hard to see exactly what's going on there. That oiler should be able to be disassembled, clraned, and inspected. Once apart it's pretty easy to see how they work and diagnose problems.

This is pretty horrible, especially considering the inside of many oil tanks isn't completely painted/coated.

@August76 we need better pics! At best take it apart, clean the parts, and then take pics. At worst hit it with some brake cleaner, degreaser and a hose, and/or compressed air. It's pretty hard to see exactly what's going on there. That oiler should be able to be disassembled, clraned, and inspected. Once apart it's pretty easy to see how they work and diagnose problems.
I dont have a easy way to pull the clutch. What do I need?
Is it normal for this kind of corrosion this saw is maybe 5 years old

I dont have a easy way to pull the clutch. What do I need?
Is it normal for this kind of corrosion this saw is maybe 5 years old
I’ve never seen a modern saw with that much corrosion. Only on the bottom of a saw that’s been sitting in concrete for years and years.

I’ve never seen a modern saw with that much corrosion. Only on the bottom of a saw that’s been sitting in concrete for years and years.
I havent yet either. I guess it's from people in Phoenix cutting palm trees. This was a homedepot rental. Question is how do I stop it. I guess I can remove everything and carefully grind away the bad crap on the case and spray it with clear coat to seal it up since I probably wouldn't ever find matching paint.

I'm assuming that is mostly what it would have seen . I live north in Prescott valley Arizona we dont have palms lol. Also saws here from homedepot would be more abused as I'm 10 miles from Prescott national forest. I havent had time to do anything today. I'm doing upper and lower ball joints on our 03 chevy tahoe grocery better. Finished one side. Once this is done I'll remove the clutch on the saw.
Does anybody know where I can get a cheap replacement oil pump. Cheapest I saw on ebay was $70 for that money it will go on the shelf and the 038 or 372xp will get some use.

Try little red barn. Not many cheapo parts for the Dolmars. Thankfully the Chinese have left them alone:havingarest:.
It is sorta a good thing. If I assume it's a bad hose and worn pump internal gear is it cheaper to rebuild or replace?

I'm assuming that is mostly what it would have seen . I live north in Prescott valley Arizona we dont have palms lol. Also saws here from homedepot would be more abused as I'm 10 miles from Prescott national forest. I havent had time to do anything today. I'm doing upper and lower ball joints on our 03 chevy tahoe grocery better. Finished one side. Once this is done I'll remove the clutch on the saw.
Does anybody know where I can get a cheap replacement oil pump. Cheapest I saw on ebay was $70 for that money it will go on the shelf and the 038 or 372xp will get some use.
So does corrosion stop once the offending sap is removed or is it like rust and you need to get back to clean metal to stop it?

I think it is more like acid eating into the alloy making it look spongy - neutralizing the acid after each use might prevent deep penetration. I don't think polishing will help.

So in other words an informed saw man would clean their saw after each use in those conditions? Homedespot employees either didn’t know or care.

I'll
So in other words an informed saw man would clean their saw after each use in those conditions? Homedespot employees either didn’t know or care.
never buy a saw from them again. Infact I'll probably just sell this one. It's a great saw but I've never cared for its looks . Certainly alot better than the ea6100 I owned. At least this one you can do a jug and piston swap. Supposedly theres a 89cc and it weighs the same as the 64?
Just got home from cutting with the 038 and and the little ms210. Gunna find some rope and bust the clutch loose on this saw

Back