Damn dolkita oiler crap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may get away with a thorough cleaning and soldering up all the undesired holes in the pump. First of all, get rid of all remaining sap crap... any good parts cleaner should work.

You may get away with a thorough cleaning and soldering up all the undesired holes in the pump. First of all, get rid of all remaining sap crap... any good parts cleaner should work.
You think solder will stick? I was thinking jb weld. Only by the adjustment screw is it eaten all the way through. The rest looks worse in pictures. No idea how they remove the screw. I guess something goes bad on those? Everything else looks fine to me.

JB Weld should work as well, but you need to get the surfaces absolutely oil-free... not an easy task. One more "cheat" to consider might be wrapping the worst parts with some sort of tape over oil-resistant liquid sealant and then letting the mess cure thoroughly. Just some ideas...

...in the worst case you can always beg for a used pump :) there should be some laying around...
Haha. Theres one on ebay but looks pretty bad. Like $16.
I put some jb weld on it after using brake clean
I also washed it in kitchen sink with hot water and palmolive.

The jb weld seems to have worked good. Just needs 24hrs to cure.
I used original formula which has higher heat rating but slower to set and cure
20191117_120100.jpg 20191117_120108.jpg

I would use it before it melts away ... :cool:

No, seriously, I think some live action with a lot of bar oil on the affected area will help preserve it.

Anyhow, nice JB Weld repair on the pump :numberone:

Now you just have to try it in wood to make sure the oil gets to the chain&bar as needed...
Yeah that's true. And will it hold up too. I was looking at my old dolmar 111 and it sure doesnt look bad at all. But it came from Washington state. I wonder if the quality on the newer pumps is just bad?
Back to the makita. I have to turn the pile down now! Too much oil. Heres some pics of the much older dolmar 11120191119_150411.jpg 20191119_150416.jpg 20191119_150408.jpg

Back