Dancing With the Devil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking Good!
Seeing that cylinder in the lathe reminds me of an incident that happened last night while I was on the phone to this woodtick in Calif.
You know how you can get fidgeting with stuff when you're on the phone? Well I was fidgeting with a dremel and a 7/32" round file.
Anyways, I puts the file in the chuck and thought what a great idea for filing. So's I turns on zee dremel full bore and the file flies out, bank shot off the forehead and imbeds into the woofer of my Samuiri speaker. The California woodtick gutted himself laughing at me, and why wouldn't he?
John

Here's Gypo getting ready for next year. Look at the way he moves the bar on the cut to gain a little more power.

Havent seen or heard anything about that saw in a while. Are you the new owner mark? If so how is it running?
Hunter

How about that

Well Marky,I am glad that I am not the only one on this site that "makes chips".Picture is the start of a liner.

Well here's this weekends find. Eat your hearts out. I stumbled accross this while away on a duck hunting trip. I make it a point to stop at all the saw shops I can find. This should be enough for my life time. 1\2" square ground new in the box.

Just so you guys can get a better look of what 1/2 chain looks like new. There's about 110 feet total in the 2 boxes I grabbed. Al keep up the good work and get more pictures on here.

Aye,the golden fleece

Here I set with a 7 tooth 1/2" rim,and all I have is 1/2" chipper.Hook up ole Blaster with a loop.Seems he can find the 1/2" sprocket,but not the .404.;)

This is the treasured 1/2" square if master blaster needs a few loops I have plenty of chipper. MB drop me a PM and I will set you right up with chipper.

THF
I was talking with my cousin who took a ride on the old Skunk train and ended up in Willet. She had a great time there and was impressed with the pictures. Next year John and I will come to your place and take the ride from Fort Bragg up.

Mange: Ole Blaster has an 090g {gear drive] it takes a strange looking spur sprocket.There has been a world wide search for it,to no avail, for about 6 months.My micros,have no listing for that saw,and my parts manuals shows the part,out of stock,for many years.That,however,is another thread,but stay tuned,results may be forth coming.:)

Hey Barky, hope you don't mind, but I droped your 385KD into the river. You didn't need it anyway did ya? No, I didn't think so.
Thanks, it's mine now dude.
John

john,
You planning on floating those down the river and tending them to the yard?
Hunter

Hi Jarod, the double stem Pine will be used as a bridge across the river, till it floats away I guess with the spring run off.
John

Marky that would be great to have you two come to my place. and take alook around, the train ride is great. i can mybe show you where i have fell timber by the railroad tracks..

school marm

I notice when you're one handing the saw you stand clear of a possible kickback. I've wondered how many of the guys bitten by their saws didn't know enough to stand/position themselves to the left or right of the running saw but take a stance directly behind the saw as if they were going to catch it if/when it flys. Good that you let go in the river, Barky might have complained if it got scratched hitting the ground.:D :D

Back