Dang it got COLD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
There is an old Norwegian saying. "There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes". All my clothes are bad. Not really that bad. Last I checked it was 19* with 30-40 mph wind gusts. Wearing sweat pants, T shirt, insulated flannel shirt, ball cap and gloves. Was actually working up a sweat splitting wood. Only thing that got cold was cheeks, nose and ears. Skin exposed to the wind. If it wasn't so windy it would be a nice day for splitting. I don't think I would want to be working with Valley Firewood today! But, I guess if I was, I'd be wearing more than a T shirt and flannel. Talked to a guy in San Antonio yesterday. He said they had a frost. What's it like in your neighborhood? Joe.

-2 when I left for work. Not going to mention anything about windchill! Supposed to go work on a well later today, but thinking that they'll have to do without water for a couple more days. Supposed to warm up Saturday into the 20's and snow!

Cold *for me* here in Georgia, low 20s this morning, mid 30s now. The wind is wicked, makes it seem colder. Got all my work done earlier, so now enjoying inside by the fire. I'll go out and split some later this afternoon when it is warmer.

Ya, I know not up north cold, just what you get used to.

We had a real nice fall around here Nov was nice and even a couple weeks ago it was still in the 40's. Then front went threw and we got 5 or 6 inches of snow. In a few days it warmed up and it was gone. Then it cooled off and has been cold every since. Weather man says Sunday morning will be 9 below zero with 20 to 30 below 0 wind chill. We kept feeding the Garn and try to keep inside as much a possible.

17 this morning. That's how i like it. I will take that over 85 any day processing firewood:)
were on the front side of your cold snap an set to be -40* also... wind chill @ -40* should be a biter pill for one day ! 4* above for now and down hill slide till Monday with the rest of the month above the norm.(20* average) stay warm...

Latest posts

Back