Dangerous Trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Picture is worth 1000 words ...

well Jeff, I know you're not talking to me but it seems that if a person doesn't post videos or pictures of themselves doing said tree work they are posers....

I do photos and videos of my work as a marketing tool on my web site. Once customers visit my web site it establishes my credibility and ability to do the work they need done.

Here, not so much, because nobody here is spending their hard earned money to hire you to do your thing. Although I did offer to hire at least one member, not to expose him as a poser, but to get some help.

Most phones today can take photos and even video, it's trivial to get some shots of you and your work. So why not do it? I'm not accusing you, or anybody, of being a poser, but it should be pretty simple to bury your accusers with a few simple shots. This one shows people I can work near their homes without causing daamage:

5308245659_94a1cd7a8e_b.jpg

And here is the video from the same job:

[video]http://gallery.me.com/douglasmetcalfe#100259[/video]

Watch the video to the end an you will see me take a fall while running my bad @ss Stihl 084. Even the simple jobs can get you hurt if you don't have a situational awarness of what you are doing and where.

Last edited:
I do photos and videos of my work as a marketing tool on my web site. Once customers visit my web site it establishes my credibility and ability to do the work they need done.

Here, not so much, because nobody here is spending their hard earned money to hire you to do your thing. Although I did offer to hire at least one member, not to expose him as a poser, but to get some help.

Most phones today can take photos and even video, it's trivial to get some shots of you and your work. So why not do it? I'm not accusing you, or anybody, of being a poser, but it should be pretty simple to bury your accusers with a few simple shots. This one shows people I can work near their homes without causing daamage:

5308245659_94a1cd7a8e_b.jpg

And here is the video from the same job:

[video]http://gallery.me.com/douglasmetcalfe#100259[/video]

Watch the video to the end an you will see me take a fall while running my bad @ss Stihl 084. Even the simple jobs can get you hurt if you don't have a situational awarness of what you are doing and where.

You are more than welcome to visit us on Facebook.
Urban Tree Care
Much easier there than here.

Embedding a Video ...

I don't know if this is a new feature, but I can now make the video appear in the post. Here is the first video that I got for my work. The customer shot this with a cheap Flip Camera, poor quality, but her narration is priceless! Check this out:

[video=youtube;XXOW6DSGAvE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXOW6DSGAvE[/video]

To her I am the God of tree work! I'm on a roll now, here is the video of my wife and I discussing what to charge for that drop. I was there a total of three hours. All I had to do was drop it. Nothing else. What would you charge?

[video=youtube;NE1iSs8xR6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE1iSs8xR6c[/video]

Last edited:
I don't know if this is a new feature, but I can now make the video appear in the post. Here is the first video that I got for my work. The customer shot this with a cheap Flip Camera, poor quality, but her narration is priceless! Check this out:

[video=youtube;XXOW6DSGAvE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXOW6DSGAvE[/video]

To her I am the God of tree work! I'm on a roll now, here is the video of my wife and I discussing what to charge for that drop. I was there a total of three hours. All I had to do was drop it. Nothing else. What would you charge?

[video=youtube;NE1iSs8xR6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE1iSs8xR6c[/video]

You are quite the Guru! I screw up posting a pic!
Jeff :confused:

why don't I do it?? Because when we go out to work that's what's on our mind, work, not taking pictures or videos, most of the very few pictures that have been taken of me were taken by the client and I've never needed pictures to prove my experience cause I get most of my jobs via word of mouth so they all ready know we can do it. This site is the only place I've ever been were people "need" pictures and video before they can believe what you say. I've been doing this work for 23 years with the pass 4 years full time on my own and 19 full time as a line clearance tech and on the side for many of those 19 so I really don't feel the need to prove anything to the few here that can't accept my word that I have and can do it and do it right without fear, injury or damage...

I guess the next tree I climb I'll post pictures to shut them up.....

why don't I do it?? Because when we go out to work that's what's on our mind, work, not taking pictures or videos... I've been doing this work for 23 years with the pass 4 years full time on my own... I really don't feel the need to prove anything to the few here...

I guess the next tree I climb I'll post pictures to shut them up.....

"Aerial Arborist Tree Service" is about three years old, and I started without any "word of Mouth" to speak of. My videos are often without an ending because once the job gets to that point I get "all hands on deck" and nobody has time to mess around with a camera.

But it would be nice to see your ugly puss just to put a face to the man we are talking to. I have been pretty open since my arrival to this board and maybe if we were all a little more open we could have more civilized discussion and debate.

Ill be the guy doing what you cant!! climbing in a medium saddle(lol) up in some big ugly thing you might wanna stick with mowing grass...something seems to tell me you are a lot better at it!!

Im done swapping jabs with you RF, cuz honestly.........you dont have proof you even ever did trees or do trees!! funny...even Ropes, slayer, Ekka, Murph & I atleast posted a pic or 2.....but you having nothing to prove??....more like you cant prove what you say you do is more like it!!!!

LXT............
you know what, I have a sever case of CRS and have managed to find a few pictures for you.....

these would be me doing what you said I could never have done, climbing in a medium saddle up in some big ugly thing. I was a class C climber, I'm sure you know what that means.....these were from 1988

headed up after lunch to finish up the removal..

1010810.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

another, see the orange up there pulling that nasty overhang...I took that tree down also

1010812.jpg

showing off a little

1010809.jpg

here's one from the early 90's, notice no hooks...

1010806.jpg

Here's one I climbed about 3 years ago, notice the 3 phase line next to and behind it..

tree001.jpg

me on a removal in 2003..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

one I did about 2 years ago...yep, I'm a fat bastard in this one...

picsfromreformat1190813.jpg

here's a video from New Orleans after Katrina, nothing much just me filming while riding through the hood in the bucket truck....

[video=youtube;W8gux85Z9eM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8gux85Z9eM[/video]

yes the size of my saddle has changed over the years but something that hasn't is my experience and knowledge and the ability to get it done without fear or damage. I don't climb as much as you do today but I can guarantee you one damn thing, if I was your rope man and you got hurt and I had to come get you out of the biggest nastiest tree you could find, you would be on the ground in one piece before the EMT's got there to revive your ass...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back