Dappled Willow Half Dead? Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mokoe

Reaction score
We moved into our home two years ago; the previous owners had new landscaping put in just 8 months prior to that. I have what I believe to be a Dappled (Japanese) Willow tree at the south/west corner of my house. It seemed perfectly healthy our first summer, but last year only half of the tree bloomed and the other half looked completely bare/dead. This month we have noticed tons of (what look like) tumors on the trunk breaking through the bark. The side of the tree that was healthy looks as if it’s still alive (the small branches are red in color). There were 3-4 other flowers that had been planted around the tree originally and they completely died soon after we moved in. However, there’s a healthy spray rose bush that sits behind the tree. The dead side is the side that sticks out beyond the side our house. Please tell me that the tree is salvageable or what we should do! Unfortunately we don’t know who the landscapers were who planted it. It’s such a beautiful tree when healthy, I’d hate to lose it! TIA!924E9111-2889-4B42-847B-5DE5C0879F8E.jpegBCA24DA9-BD92-4C9D-808C-19944C947132.jpeg18DA8390-52A8-4481-894A-AC801F49D4E6.jpeg

Back