ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Dare I say that I cured my snoring problem??

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by PA. Woodsman, Mar 17, 2012.

1. PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman Addicted to ArboristSite

Awhile ago we all talked about snoring and I said that I tried all kinds of pills, sprays, devices etc. with not great results. I read several times to try using two pillows when you sleep; I used to use a second one but it was big and uncomfortable and I still mostly snored, so last week I got to thinking maybe I should use a small one that I use as a "spacer" between my recliner and my head-its only about 1 foot wide by 9" wide-so I tried it since last weekend and I haven't snored except for one time when I rolled on my back! When I am on my sides I don't snore, and this is coming from a guy that has snored like a freight train all his life-I can't believe it! I guess I just needed the little extra elevation-I don't know exactly what it does but thank God I don't snore; it was getting to the point where the wife was a walking zombie during the day from it and now she feels so much better. Just thought I'd share the news and maybe one or more of you chronic snorers can try it and hoepfully get the results I did-its not very thick , just a few inches but it works.

Of course I realize that I just jinxed myself by saying this...:jester:

2. RacerX

RacerX Addicted to ArboristSite

You have a good wife. :clap:

Any women who would suffer through poor sleep and walk around like a zombie due to her husbands snoring gets my praise. My wife would have sent me off to another part of the house. :msp_rolleyes:

3. belgian

belgian Addicted to ArboristSite

I have a couple of friends with snoring problems.
    One of them is sleeping separate from his wife (separate bedroom), because she couldn't sleep anymore. They are both happy with this solution...for the time being.
    The other one went to have surgery, because his wife couldn't stand it anymore. It got better, and the sound level seems acceptable.

Problem I have is that my wife (yes !!!) starts to snore when she's laying on her back, and it's not improving with age. Luckily it's not permanent, but I can tell you that snoring can get hefty on your nerves....:sucks:

4. mama

mama ArboristSite Operative

I lost 53 lbs and my wife 106 lbs no more snoring.

5. PA. Woodsman

You ain't kiddin! I could see it wearing on her and tried anything and everything. We have a small Cape Cod house so we really don't have another bedroom; sometimes she or I would go sleep on the couch but that didn't work too well. I'm thrilled that this pillow is working because I didn't want her getting run down and sick or worse...

Funny thing is now I'm quiet but she at times snores-not near the level that I did but she does! She keeps telling me to wake her up and I say "no way am I going to do that-you owe me about 2,000,000 paybacks for over the years of me snoring"! :laugh:

6. mga

mga wandering

wesstern NY, the land of taxes and strict laws
    duct tape across the mouth

7. Walt41

Walt41 Addicted to ArboristSite

My son used to snore out of control till he went to the chiropractor for his shoulder and they told him his neck and face was out of alignment too, she fixed it all in two visits. I was never a big fan of chiropractic adjustments till that.

8. PA. Woodsman

Very interesting Walt that you dug this thread up; I have been snoring very loudly for the last few days and the pillow doesn't work anymore! In fact the wife bought earlugs at CVS last night and they helped, but I wish it wouldn't have made a comeback. Interesting also that several weeks ago I started going to a new chiropractor who DID adjust my neck several times-wonder if that by some chance is what caused the snoring to come back???

9. yooper

yooper Tree Freak

ever have your thyroid level checked?

10. PA. Woodsman

I had a physical back in May with bloodwork and all; I would think that would've checked that also?

How is the thyroid connected, if I may ask?

Thanks!

11. yooper

yooper Tree Freak

My Better half snored so bad for a couple years that I had to wear ear plugs to sleep, she even had a deviated septum opp. and that didnt help. after she had been diagnosed with an overactive thyroid and started on meds she never snored again, I can only think that could have caused it.

12. leadarrows

leadarrows American

You might want to see if you have Sleep Apnea. I need to as well.

13. PA. Woodsman

Was she very thin as some people with an overactive thyroid are? That's not my case-not too much extra weight but not Kate Moss skinny either lol!! :laugh: :msp_tongue:

14. micheljohn331

micheljohn331 New Member

Snoring is a sleep apnea disorder.if you want to cure from snoring then you need to take some serious steps to stop snoring problem.Reduce weight,sleep on side,rather than sleep on a back etc are some natural remedies to control snoring.

Anti snoring devices are much effective to control snoring problem.