• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Dayton 2z463b / Poulan 245a Parts Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskyShepherd2016

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello! I’m looking for some parts for a Dayton 2z463b saw I just ordered, should get here Monday. Needed: Piston, Piston/Cylinder Jug, carburetor, fuel lines, and ignition coil. The newer the condition the better, minimal wear preferred. Was told Poulan 245a parts are compatible.

I’d sure like these parts around for backup in case I need to do further maintenance. Anyone?

I paid 65 plus shipping for my Dayton because the seller discovered the piston has seen better days, but I got a fair quote (75 bucks) to change it out locally. So to me it’s not a bank breaker just yet.

Please forgive my ignorance. What is P&C? I might know what it is, but I’m not familiar with the abbreviation.

I’ll have to see where my finances lie. I just got done buying three Stihl 041’s and the Dayton I mentioned.

let me know when you get a 245a with a good piston and in good overall condition that still has all it’s paint.
Would be cool to own both the Dayton version and the classic green 245a.

I’d sure like one that I don’t have to change the piston out on. I’ve already got a couple of saws that need that particular surgery. I do thank you kindly though.

I appreciate your understanding there friend! Maybe some other time we could work something out when we’re both in a better position to.

I have one I think it’s a 306. Has compression but has been sitting a long time. Seems like it maybe doesn’t have fuel lines even on it. I’ll look.

Sorry guys my phone has had problems and I couldn’t get on to the message part of the forum for a while. I got a 245a last week and also another Dayton 2z463b in just day or so ago.
The postal service damaged my 245a so now it’s pretty much a parts saw until I can get a nicer one. Those clowns destroyed my package, it was tampered with and the muffler went missing, clutch cover and bar bracket was broken. COVID is probably their excuse too. It’s ok though, the guy I bought it from went above and beyond to make it right.
Still possibly on the hunt for a nicer lookin 245a though.

Back