Ddrt using Pinto Pulley

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArboristWV

Reaction score
I need some help or clarification. My current rope (Sterlin HTP Satatic Rope 10mm) does not have any sewn eyes on either end. I would like to use Ddrt using the rope with a 28" prusik eye-to-eye cord, a pinto pulley and 2 Rock-O caribineers. My question is it ok to use a knot to tie the rope to the caribineer that connects to the becket of the pinto? I've heard that when using a hitch climber pulley in like fashion that you must use a sewn eye connection otherwise it could collapse the prusik. It that true when using a pinto? thanks in adavance for any help

A hitch climber pulley has three attachment holes and a pinto has one. With the hitch climber pulley your termination knot can interfere with your eye to eye because its so close. Usually with a normal micro pulley your termination knot is attached further away and shouldn't interfere.

It depends on your hitch and your termination knot. A long hitch like a bit may not be as easily released by the knot, likewise a short knot like an anchor bend may be less likely to grab the top of the hitch than a scaffold knot

Back