Dead. OLD. White Pine.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

float89

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just took this down last weekend. limbed the best I could first. There is a rope about 10ft higher than the cut. After dropping what's in the video, took it down by chunking it as it had a lean towards the garage. There was also an secondary limb almost as high that we took off earlier.

Story is that it's been dead for over 20yrs. It was defiantly a little sketchy because every step of the way there were rotten chunks falling everywhere. Would not want to do something like this on a regular basis.

I'm hardly a seasoned feller, any words of wisdom in a scenario like this? I just didn't feel good the whole time but I knew we were being as safe as possible.

View attachment received_358834328687505.mov

@ElevatorGuy - Good point. My sister had just bought the place so we were left with the situation. Thinking about it, how does someone go that long starting at it dead, all while hanging over your garage... I'm not even sure the garage is 20yrs old so that could also mean someone built it under a dead tree...

Latest posts

Back